Sleek SA6
Nov 7, 2008 at 5:23 AM Post #1,366 of 1,423
Me want, me want
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 7, 2008 at 6:31 AM Post #1,369 of 1,423
i feel the clarity is still retained, if anything the loss is very negligible. the punchiness is still there, if anything it might have been improved. just a bit of info, my preference is more leaning toward dark, so for a earphone like SE310 where some find it punchy, i find the punchiness as nothing.

Nov 7, 2008 at 6:36 AM Post #1,370 of 1,423
Do the bass++ ports have three lines on them (where the + is on the bass+ ports)?

If so... I already have some too. I thought they were just an experimental bass port from ages ago and haven't given them much listening time. Might have to bring them back out.

Paul

Nov 7, 2008 at 7:14 AM Post #1,371 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spadge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do the bass++ ports have three lines on them (where the + is on the bass+ ports)?

If so... I already have some too. I thought they were just an experimental bass port from ages ago and haven't given them much listening time. Might have to bring them back out.

Paul

no, it does not have 3 lines. if you look at the 2nd pic i posted, it shows the bass ++ port with only 1 + sign however the internal is yellow and seems to be more rigid.

Nov 7, 2008 at 7:20 AM Post #1,372 of 1,423
Ah, so it does. Sorry I missed that.

My bass++ port also has the yellow plastic in it. I wonder if the design has changed at all since then (they look the same as yours... but hard to tell exactly).

I took the yellow part out of mine for a closer inspection and there is no hole in it... Is there in yours? If not, then surely that would make the hole in the black material non-effective?

Either way.... I prefer the sound of the modded bass+ ports.

Paul

Nov 7, 2008 at 8:43 AM Post #1,374 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sayajin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What kind of tips are you using here?
Shure?, Klipsch?, Jays?

klipsch image large

Nov 12, 2008 at 10:39 PM Post #1,376 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by j2kei /img/forum/go_quote.gif
klipsch image large

I tried these tips with the SA6s last week, and for the first time, a tip refused to leave my ear with the headphone, had to get my wife and her tweezers to get them out. So they don't work for me. I am back to using olives, which stay stuck, very stuck, to the treble posts. Did not like having the Image gel in my ear canal without a phone attached. Eerie. Too bad, because the sound was good with the Image gels. But not worth the risk of having it happen somewhere without wife/tweezers.

Nov 13, 2008 at 2:27 AM Post #1,377 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I tried these tips with the SA6s last week, and for the first time, a tip refused to leave my ear with the headphone, had to get my wife and her tweezers to get them out. So they don't work for me. I am back to using olives, which stay stuck, very stuck, to the treble posts. Did not like having the Image gel in my ear canal without a phone attached. Eerie. Too bad, because the sound was good with the Image gels. But not worth the risk of having it happen somewhere without wife/tweezers.

was yours loose or something? the image tips on mine stay nice and tight on it. in order to take the image tips off, i have to go slow and apply more force. of course i dont think they will stay stuck like the shure olives tho.

Nov 13, 2008 at 3:16 AM Post #1,378 of 1,423
I might have not been careful taking them out, doing it too quickly. But it was enough to send me back to the olives, which are very comfy too. I use the bi-flanges with the Images, but they don't work as well with the Sleeks for some reason.

Nov 13, 2008 at 5:24 AM Post #1,379 of 1,423
well what i meant was that the hole for the image tips were smaller than that of the stock bi-flange that i have to go slow and apply force whenever i want to change tips. well in the end, it is whatever works for you that matters
biggrin.gif

Nov 13, 2008 at 8:34 AM Post #1,380 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Weird, I am always having to push mine back into my ears, they are so much more comfortable than the stock bi-flanges and I need to get some small Olives to try 'cause the mediums hurt my ears just like any foam I have ever tried before so I am hoping the smalls will be better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back