Sleek SA6
Jul 22, 2008 at 1:49 PM Post #1,141 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by robojack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone have any issues with the flanges slipping off while removing the SA6s from your ear? I'm having one flange that's doing this frequently, and I'm sure it's the flange since I swapped drivers and it's doing the same for the other channel. I've only been using these for about a month, probably not more than 15 occasions. What could be causing this?

This is addressed by JasonK somewhere in this thread: it's probably your ear grease at work, wipe the tube down with alcohol and wash the flanges, the problem should go away.

Jul 22, 2008 at 2:28 PM Post #1,142 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by channum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is addressed by JasonK somewhere in this thread: it's probably your ear grease at work, wipe the tube down with alcohol and wash the flanges, the problem should go away.

I think that did the trick. Soaked the flanges in soap water for 10 minutes, then rinsed them. Thank you.

Jul 22, 2008 at 11:53 PM Post #1,145 of 1,423
I want to try the SA6 some day, and if that Kleer technology comes soon... they would be in my priority list!
Imagine that, those small IEM's... and wireless!! No one would know you are wearing them. Great for a country like mine (Lot of Insecurity at streets here)

Jul 23, 2008 at 1:21 AM Post #1,146 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by jma790 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I want to try the SA6 some day, and if that Kleer technology comes soon... they would be in my priority list!
Imagine that, those small IEM's... and wireless!! No one would know you are wearing them. Great for a country like mine (Lot of Insecurity at streets here)

Keep in mind that wireless with require an adapter/receiver attached to the earphones (so it won't be just the current earpieces in the ears alone). I'm not sure what form the adapter will take -- a single, behind-the-neck styled unit with connections to each earpiece? Separate L and R adapters for each earpiece? -- but I'm very curious to find out!

Jul 23, 2008 at 1:35 AM Post #1,148 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by jma790 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If they are like the Kleex technology Sennheiser is using, each earpiece will have a receiver, and since it's a propietary rechargeable battery, size shouldn't be too big for it.

I hope you're right. The smaller, the better in my book. I do seem to recall that the projected battery life for Sleek's wireless is about double that of the Sennheisers, though...I wonder if that amounts to added bulk, or if it's just a sign of better efficiency/optimization of the technology on Sleek's part.

Jul 23, 2008 at 1:36 AM Post #1,149 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by dragonchi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i've read somewhere these can be had for 200 dollars.
but i goto sleeks site and they're for 260.
do you guys know where i can find them for 200?

Besides Soundearphones.com, Earphonesolutions.com is also selling SA6 for $200.

Jul 23, 2008 at 2:03 AM Post #1,150 of 1,423
So, without having to read through 114 pages...

Are these recommended for bassheads? I had the Shure E500, and I really enjoyed the bass, but like so many others, really really really missed the high end clarity and detail.. the high rolloff was too much.

Would these have the bass and mids of the E500's, while also have better highs?

Jul 23, 2008 at 2:09 AM Post #1,151 of 1,423
Bassheads? Not sure. Never owned the E500s, but did have Atrios. Sold the Atrios for the Sleeks. Also, you can always do the Bass+ mod (it's in here someplace), and even use a bit of EQ. All in all, I find the SA6 bass completely fine. I'm not alone, but some folks prefer other IEMs for bass.

Jul 23, 2008 at 9:36 AM Post #1,152 of 1,423
Got my Sleek SA6 last friday and have spent the weekend trying them out, very impressed so far.

Using with the +treble and +bass, with medium shure olive's. D2 is my source with a Hornet M amp.

Mainreason i bought these was to replace my Triple-Fi's which i was finding far too uncormfortable for daily use. Loved the sound of the triple's but couldnt get a good fit.

Debated between the sa6 and shure se530 and decided for now to try the sleeks. Although it is still my intention to try the shure's in the next couple of weeks.

Anyway onto my impressions of the the sleeks. Cant believe how comfy they are, almost feels like there is nothing in my ears the fit is so snug.

Soundwise they remind a little of the ER4p. Really good treble detail and a nice tight bass that isnt overpowering or muddy. I dont think they have as good a soundstage as the triple's but still impressive.

Where they really impress me over anything else i've tried is with vocals and acoustic guitars, they really stand out and sound so clear and bright.

Tried them without the amp and they still sound great, although i do prefer to still use the amp as i think it gives them a more rounded sound and improves the soundstage a bit for me.

I bought these in the UK, if anybody in the UK/EU is looking to buy these try hifiheadphones.co.uk they seem to be the only retailer selling them. There customer service was excellent, spoke to a chap called Shaun who was very helpful and knew his stuff.

Jul 23, 2008 at 10:16 AM Post #1,153 of 1,423
A quick note to say I tried the bass+ mod, inserting a needle through the port, heating it with a lighter, then twisting it out to make a nice clean hole... a moderate increase in bass (I now no longer need any form of EQ), also widening of soundstage... not bad for a zero cost mod!

I just hooked these up to the Lisa III XP... wow, I can now start to hear what these things are truly capable of... very neutral across the whole spectrum, extremely fast and detailed with a beautiful euphonic mid range. Bass is slightly ill-defined but that's to be expected with IEMs, and particularly single driver designs.

Whilst not up to the Ultrasone Edition 9's, it's definitely 85%-90% there, and considering the SA only costs 15% of the UE9s it's a bargain... these little IEMs continue to surprise and excite me... it's now got me thinking about what a recable might bring to the performance... a silver cable could be very small and lightweight.

Also I've tried the Comply T-100 foamies, they're much more comfortable and sound just as good as the Shure yellow foamies I'd been using before.

Jul 24, 2008 at 3:21 AM Post #1,154 of 1,423
Well I just purchased a pair from soundearphones! To mark the occasion of my first major high quality sound purchase I've also made a Head-fi account, heh (though I've been lurking for weeks). I'd previously been rocking 20 dollar Koss earbuds
eek.gif

I also bought a Cowon D2 to replace my now dead Zen Vision:M.

Jul 24, 2008 at 2:42 PM Post #1,155 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rarn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I just purchased a pair from soundearphones! To mark the occasion of my first major high quality sound purchase I've also made a Head-fi account, heh (though I've been lurking for weeks). I'd previously been rocking 20 dollar Koss earbuds
eek.gif

I also bought a Cowon D2 to replace my now dead Zen Vision:M.

Congratulations on a wise purchase!
biggrin.gif
I'm sure you'll be thrilled with the sleeks, on many other levels as well as sound reproduction. They are pretty bloody marvellous actually! Welcome also to the clear, crystalline waters of high end audio listening. Theres no goin back so mind that wallet
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back