Sleek SA6
Jul 19, 2008 at 4:41 AM Post #1,127 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by goldfilm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can somebody here compare the SA6 w/Ety 4P+S or w/Control FreQ?

Go to the top of any page in this thread and click 'Search This Thread'. Do a search for ER-4P and another for Control FreQ. Hope that helps.:.

Jul 19, 2008 at 7:01 AM Post #1,129 of 1,423
got mine today. I got exactly what I was looking for: more comfort than my SE210 (I don't like biflanges, but these are great - though I'll need to take some time to get it just right), better instrument definition - i.e. goodbye muddled SE210 mids, and a bit more bass pop. I'm really happy with the treble ++ and the bass +. Though, I haven't listened for very long, so this is all just initial impressions.

I was freaked out at how small these were.

I wish the cable were just a tad longer. With it in my pocket and going over my ear, it's rather stretched - maybe an inch of slack. I wish it were 5-7 inches longer. It's also pretty thin so I wish it were a bit thicker as well, but this is something I'll just have to get used to. the SE210's cable was too long and was an extender below the Y - so I guess there's just no pleasing me.

Very positive thus far. I'll post more impressions as I have them.

Jul 22, 2008 at 1:30 AM Post #1,131 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by pseudohippy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Boy, these things have dropped to the third page. Makes me nervous about ordering. I hope these were not just the hit of the day money waster.

I wouldn't worry about that...but you feel free to!
wink.gif

Jul 22, 2008 at 2:31 AM Post #1,132 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by pseudohippy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Boy, these things have dropped to the third page. Makes me nervous about ordering. I hope these were not just the hit of the day money waster. Im buying today, Im just sold I cant go back now lol :)

People are saying SA6 is the FOTM since the first month after the launch, but we still see positive feedbacks coming in 6 months later. Personally, I think Sleek Audio might turn out to be one of the best small IEM company ever, at least so far I see no reason why it won't happen that way.

Jul 22, 2008 at 4:56 AM Post #1,134 of 1,423
Well Ill be listening soon myself since they are now ordered. Im stoked!! From the sound described to me I think they will be a good match for my Cowon D2 unamped. Ive decided I dont want to carry an amp except for maybe this fiio for a little while. If they match up well that is.

Jul 22, 2008 at 11:54 AM Post #1,135 of 1,423
Interestingly, I have a FiiO, and with the im716s (Ety drivers, much like the ER4P), the little amp works wonders with my DAPs. But for whatever reason, the FiiO actually muddies the Sleeks, so they are not a good match (at least not with the Sansa Clip). Plus, unless you are going to use a high end amp, no amp needed for the SA6s to sound sweet. When I disconnected the FiiO and connected the Sleeks directly to the Clip 4GB, the clarity was back. YMMV with the D2, however.

Jul 22, 2008 at 12:07 PM Post #1,136 of 1,423
Right now I'm using the SH CX300's because of the amount of bass they produce. I guess that's the most important thing for me and I'm willing to sacrifice the mids/highs/quality for that.

Now my next question, what kind/amount of bass do these iem's produce comparable to the CX300's? I also read that using the Olives on the SA6 will also improve the bass. Do they match the CX300's?

Jul 22, 2008 at 1:12 PM Post #1,137 of 1,423
Anyone have any issues with the flanges slipping off while removing the SA6s from your ear? I'm having one flange that's doing this frequently, and I'm sure it's the flange since I swapped drivers and it's doing the same for the other channel. I've only been using these for about a month, probably not more than 15 occasions. What could be causing this?

Jul 22, 2008 at 1:12 PM Post #1,138 of 1,423
I have a pair of CX300s sitting around, and there is no real comparison between them and the SA6s SQ-wise. I'd have to get the Senns out to listen to them again (it's been a long time, since my wife uses them sparingly, at best), but from what I remember, the CX300s have flabby bass, not punchy and tight, like the Sleeks. If you want more bass with the SA6s, use the bass+ module, and EQ your DAP a bit on the lower end. I use the olives with the Sleeks, and I like the bass just fine. I use both the treble= and treble+ tubes.

But, on balance, if you are willing to give up real SQ for the Senn-style bass, you may not like the Senns. Maybe a Shure or some other bass-focused upgrade.

Edit: Popped in the Senns and ugh. You are in for a real treat if you end up buying the Sleeks, I think...

Jul 22, 2008 at 1:32 PM Post #1,139 of 1,423
i used cx300 before sa6 and the difference is jaw dropping. cx300 is totally grainy/harsh/blurry/bad sounding compared to the sa6. Makes me wonder how i ever used to be able to enjoy the cx300. But yea if you MUST and ABSOLUTELY MUST have more bass (volume and amount, not quality), and totally disregard everything else then cx300 > sa6.

Jul 22, 2008 at 1:40 PM Post #1,140 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by robojack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone have any issues with the flanges slipping off while removing the SA6s from your ear? I'm having one flange that's doing this frequently, and I'm sure it's the flange since I swapped drivers and it's doing the same for the other channel. I've only been using these for about a month, probably not more than 15 occasions. What could be causing this?

Don't use flanges, but you won't have that problem with olives. They stick like glue to the treble tube. If anything, the treble tubes can come loose. If it persists, see if you can get replacement flanges from Sleek, in the size you use. Though if you only used them15x, they are probably not worn out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back