Sleek-Audio SA6 appreciation thread
Dec 26, 2008 at 7:59 PM Post #31 of 40
Hmmmm... I just bought Shure black foam tips but this still does not make it. Isolation is great and the sound seems overall warmer. More comfortable that the platic tips in any case.

But there is still that muffled sound. Maybe I should just be more patient and that will resolve itself with burn-in.

The issue is that if I want to get them back to Soundearphone, I need to decide today or at the latest tomorrow. Tough call.

Dec 26, 2008 at 9:24 PM Post #33 of 40
Now that becomes a bit frustrating. I was really expecting these earphones to be brighter than the CX300 but this is not at all the case. They are just too warm (with less bass, but the level of bass is just fine like that). There must be something wrong. I'll try with the bass - port back home to see if it improves.

May 4, 2009 at 12:55 PM Post #34 of 40
Yes, These are the first headphones that I liked so much I named!!!

My appreciation is +++ for them!!!

They sound great when modded!

Follow this mod link and work on the ++ (black) treble stem:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f6/fab...acvest-422746/

The QUALITY of sound gained is AMAZING with these Wideband Balanced Armature wonders. They really fight for dominance with my Phonak Audeo PFE's for top notch, though there's really for Moi a triumverate of perfection now, The Sleek Audio SA-6, The Phonak Audeo PFE, and the JVC HA-FX300, all different radically in their approaches to sound.

The Sleek Audio SA-6 Are By Far the LOUDEST IEM I own, now that I've done the Mod, with 4 micro needle pinholes to the fabric, and they sound STELLAR, and like they cost easily $100 bucks more.

I'm sorry I can't hang with the Sleek tips they just aren't comfortable at all, I'm allergic to flange tips (haha!) after tring the Phonak Audeo PFE Silicone Tips, the Small works for me to get a Perfect Insertion Seal with the SA-6.

I just LOVE the sound of these wonders.

I would also love it if there were custom cables available from the big name cable houses... I'd love to try dedicated Silver, Copper, Gold, and Mixed Audiophile Grade cables on these things!!!

Who Else Wants To??

Anyway,

The expounded sound range I get from listening to them with the other mod I use which is the SUPER PORT of the Bass Cap

found here

SUPER PORTING your Sleek Audio SA-6 Bass Port Caps... + EDIT - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio

really add a BIG IMPROVEMENT to the Bass Imaging Hummm that I get.

So To Conclude these are (stock) probably the most wideband IEMs you'll find, although not the trebliest, that's reserved for the Audeo PFE, and with Mods it's probably the best overall sounding if not one of the Top Three IEMs I've EVER heard. Balanced Armature or Dynamic Driver style. Oh and my Grados Suck now next to the Fabric Diaphragm modded IEMs.

The Sleeks are also modular, meaning you'll be able to replace broken parts, apply mods, and use the VQ system to enjoy different types of music as warranted / desired. GO SLEEK AUDIO!!!

I also agree Jason is a very nice man, and great with support. My Audio Fingerprint is HOMESPUN...

May 4, 2009 at 12:58 PM Post #35 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by s_nyc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmmmm... I just bought Shure black foam tips but this still does not make it. Isolation is great and the sound seems overall warmer. More comfortable that the platic tips in any case.

But there is still that muffled sound. Maybe I should just be more patient and that will resolve itself with burn-in.

The issue is that if I want to get them back to Soundearphone, I need to decide today or at the latest tomorrow. Tough call.

Buy the Phonak Audeo PFE Silicone Tips instead, and keep the SA-6 IEMs... they're great!

What are you comparing them too, might I ask... and what Audio Fingerprint are you using??

May 4, 2009 at 3:06 PM Post #36 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by FLACvest /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They really fight for dominance with my Phonak Audeo PFE's for top notch.

Oh no they don't. To me there's no question that the SA6 is far above the PFE in every way except for bass.

Jun 13, 2009 at 5:38 AM Post #37 of 40
How does the bass of the SA6 compare to the bass of the Super.Fi 5vi (the one with the mic)? I have it plugged into the little volume controller thing of my Z5300 speakers on my computer and the bass seems really weak, at least when compared to my Sony ex85.

Jun 13, 2009 at 7:14 AM Post #38 of 40
the sleek i find, while not the bassiest of phones, can be madly bottom heavy with the right tips. their supplied tips are painful for me and their sound tubes too long. however if those can be modified, they sound heavenly. at least as much bass as my former um2 when worn in a similar way.

i think the long sound tubes are making problems for many users.

Jun 28, 2011 at 11:17 PM Post #39 of 40
i know it's an old thread, but i got a pair of these a few months ago for practically no cost. i was using them with an HTC Droid Incredible and thought they were ok. i just recently got an iPhone 4 and damn these things sound nice now! they sound very similar to my HD650's... and are perfectly tolerable to use even after being used to the HD650's. they seem to be plenty sensitive when used with the iPhone 4. i usually only have the volume around the 1/2 to 2/3 area and they get plenty loud.

Jul 26, 2011 at 10:13 PM Post #40 of 40
used these for quite a bit now with the iPhone 4 and i continue to be impressed with this combo. i wouldn't mind a little more top end sparkle, but it's fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back