Sleek Audio Customer Service? Opinions??
Nov 28, 2010 at 1:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

johndoe12

Head-Fier
Since the launch of the SA6s sleek audio has been known to produce a solid sounding product. However, the SA6s have suffered from a lot of build issues, and people have often complained about the cable. I was an early adopter of the SA6s and bought them 2 years ago. Recently one of my drivers has died, and I don't even take these out of my home.

I contacted sleek, and since my headphones are a couple of months out of warranty, they don't offer repair, at first they offered me to wait to buy one earpiece of the revised version of the SA6, which would mean I would have one earpiece with the old design, and the other with the new design. After I pointed out how that wouldn't make sense, the customer rep checked and found they had some of the old ones in stock, and offered me a single driver for $100.

http://store.sleek-audio.com/earphones/sa6-replacement.html

In my opinion that is an absurd price to pay for a single driver, I can buy some better sounding phones for that price.

Has anyone had a similar experience dealing with customer service from any company?

Nov 28, 2010 at 1:59 AM Post #2 of 3
The original price of SA6 is about $250 IIRC, so if they don't sell the earpiece for $100, what stop people to just buy parts and put the IEM together like Lego? It is just how a business works. If you don't think it is worth the price, there are always other IEM to choose for.

Nov 28, 2010 at 2:33 AM Post #3 of 3
Agreed that the MSRP is $250, although most retailers will sell them for $200 even since around the launch time. I've even seem the price of it dip on amazon to about $140 dollars about a year ago. I doubt anyone would try to LEGO the parts up because they still need treble tips/bass ports as well as actual ear-tips and a cable in order to use the headphones. Business isn't a head-fier's best friend apparently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back