SLC2 questions
Feb 6, 2010 at 12:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

HenryL

New Head-Fier
Hi, I just got my Shure SLC2's today. They have great sound quality... when i can fit them in my ear. When they are in my ear, they feel extremely snug unless you are using the smallest black buds that they give you. The foam feels uncomfortable...

Even wearing the black buds, my ears hurt when wearing them. How am I supposed to feel when i wear them? Sometimes they just feel like earplugs...

Do they have a break-in period in terms of comfort? right now, they aren't comfortable at all, or they'll fall out all the time...

Feb 6, 2010 at 1:17 AM Post #2 of 8
Maybe you should try Complys? When you say "small black ones," you mean the black foamies? Give them a little time.

Feb 6, 2010 at 1:44 AM Post #3 of 8
yeah I shall. The left ones is becoming more and more comfortable...

Btw are they to rest on the antihelix? That's where i put them so they don't fall out of my ears.

Not sure at this moment whether it's just the size of the headphone itself or just the buds waiting to be broken in...

Feb 6, 2010 at 9:17 AM Post #4 of 8
Even with the smallest black tips, my ears hurt after wearing them(this was 1.5 years ago) and I had just upgraded from EX71s. I got used to them after a week and they were fine from then on but I'm not sure if putting up with the discomfort was the right thing to do.

Feb 6, 2010 at 12:52 PM Post #5 of 8
One tip from my doctor: Don't clean your ears too much. As much as you don't want wax getting in the IEM, if you get too OC about cleaning or you put in the IEM right after, your ears are jsut too dry none of the tips will work well. Then when you sweat that's basically just salt and water, zero wax. Think of it as dry latex and no KY (or whatever the manufacturer puts on it.)

Feb 6, 2010 at 3:52 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by HenryL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi, I just got my Shure SLC2's today. They have great sound quality... when i can fit them in my ear. When they are in my ear, they feel extremely snug unless you are using the smallest black buds that they give you. The foam feels uncomfortable...

Even wearing the black buds, my ears hurt when wearing them. How am I supposed to feel when i wear them? Sometimes they just feel like earplugs...

Do they have a break-in period in terms of comfort? right now, they aren't comfortable at all, or they'll fall out all the time...

IMVHO, the SCL2s are one of the most comfortable IEMs I've ever worn. Not as comfy as the SE530s, but close. Its comfort level is also epochs ahead of the TF10s (and any UE universal IEM with detachable cables).

Have you tried experimenting with the other tips? With my ears, the medium-sized black tips did the trick (I'm not a fan of the hard clear silicone tips).

Hope that helps.
biggrin.gif

Feb 6, 2010 at 6:31 PM Post #7 of 8
Okie dokie, I'm starting to get used to one in my left ear with a small black tip...

The right one gets a good fit as well, but i can hear it slip out, every single time. No matter how snug it is, I can hear it slip out.... augh! what am I to do?

Feb 6, 2010 at 6:37 PM Post #8 of 8
Try a different size tip on the right then. Turns out that I need a medium tip in one ear and a small size in the other!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back