Skylab ... Blue Circle SBH question for you
Mar 15, 2010 at 11:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

downsize

Member of the Trade
I ask you sir, because you are the only member I know who has one ...

In your opinion, is there ANY ill affects on the sound if the power supply sits directly beside the amplifier itself ? I wouldn't think there would be, but then again I don't quite understand why they made it separate with such a long cable either.

Thanks

Mar 16, 2010 at 12:15 AM Post #3 of 8
There are actually quite a few SBH owners on head-fi, and I am no longer one of them. Much better to address threads like this to all of head-fi - not just me - you'll get a faster answer, and depending on the question, maybe a better one
biggrin.gif
I happened to see this, but it was just luck. I probably read less than 10% of the threads on head-fi - maybe much less, it's just a guess.

Anyway, I never had any issues with having the SBH's PS next to the amp - I always uses it that way. I'm sure BCA would make you a shorter cable if you asked.

Mar 16, 2010 at 12:18 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There are actually quite a few SBH owners on head-fi, and I am no longer one of them. Much better to address threads like this to all of head-fi - not just me - you'll get a faster answer, and depending on the question, maybe a better one
biggrin.gif
I happened to see this, but it was just luck. I probably read less than 10% of the threads on head-fi - maybe much less, it's just a guess.

Anyway, I never had any issues with having the SBH's PS next to the amp - I always uses it that way. I'm sure BCA would make you a shorter cable if you asked.

You gotta admit though....he got you to answer.
bigsmile_face.gif

Mar 16, 2010 at 12:20 AM Post #5 of 8
Yeah, LOL, I know - but it really was just luck
wink.gif

Mar 16, 2010 at 3:44 AM Post #6 of 8
Well ... I really was being honest about not knowing ANY other SBH owners.

And for the record, I am respecting Skylab's wishes that members DO NOT contact him via PM ... That is the only reason I posted this way.

Thanks for the answer !

BTW ... Skylab, I think you are going to be VERY, VERY interested in seeing just how custom my SBH is going to end up being ! I promise you this, NONE other will look like it ... Matter of fact, no other amp of any brand will probably ever look like it
wink.gif

Mar 16, 2010 at 12:10 PM Post #7 of 8
Not all Blue Circle SBH are two piece.......they build, on order a one piece version - so I can't imagine there would be any significant difference with placement.
If you already have the 2 piece version - why wouldn't you try it and listen for yourself. I have the all-in-one or one piece and am very happy with it. To me it was a matter of convenience.

Mar 16, 2010 at 2:49 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by downsize /img/forum/go_quote.gif

BTW ... Skylab, I think you are going to be VERY, VERY interested in seeing just how custom my SBH is going to end up being ! I promise you this, NONE other will look like it ... Matter of fact, no other amp of any brand will probably ever look like it
wink.gif

I look forward to the pictures
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back