SkullCandy's Or WeSC's?
Jun 3, 2009 at 10:55 PM Post #16 of 43
Again, with musical preferences we could point you straight what would be a good selection for you to investigate !

And welcome to Head-Fi !
By the way, i kinda own a TI model from skullcandy , and all i can say is, if its for something else then rock/punk and related , just FORGET IT ! IMO its the only genre that isn't THAT hurt by those ......

Jun 3, 2009 at 10:59 PM Post #17 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by KONAKONA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
EDIT: Yeah watch the age discrimination bit, Ishcabible is 14 last I checked and he is more mature than some of the much older people around here (You know who you are). Oh, I'm 16 myself.

this guy is 14 ?!?!
confused_face(1).gif

Wow ! Would never guessed .........

Jun 3, 2009 at 11:18 PM Post #19 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by jageur272 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hate to say this, but age discrimination is also a sign of ignorance :p. You can say the same thing about Bose and those poor grown up saps ^_^

Edit: Before anybody starts taking this the wrong way, it's meant to be a joke.

smily_headphones1.gif
Oh I'm aware that I totally singled out that crowd. You are correct though. I'm sure some adults swear by Skullcandy and some teenagers may swear by Bose.
Typically, older people like Bose because Bose has gotten kind of a 'luxury high end audio' type of image to them and Skullcandy has the opposite image.

Anybody who works for either of those companies want to lend us your market research data so we can come up with a conclusion?
bigsmile_face.gif
/jk

Jun 4, 2009 at 12:03 AM Post #20 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by KONAKONA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
EDIT: Yeah watch the age discrimination bit, Ishcabible is 14 last I checked and he is more mature than some of the much older people around here (You know who you are). Oh, I'm 16 myself.

Oh yeah! I'm mature!

I guess this pretty much killed it though...

Anyways, I wonder why the OP logged out almost right after he made the thread.

BTW, does Team Junior High mean nothing to the people that didn't know?

Jun 4, 2009 at 12:15 AM Post #21 of 43
People (especially younger ones concerned primarily with looks) don't assume that there are a pair of IEMs that can be wildly better than any other at the >$30 price. Thus, Skullcandy being the most attractive in this price range they are a no brainer...There fulls look ok too...but for some reason they never appealed to me like the IEMs used to.

Jun 4, 2009 at 12:42 AM Post #22 of 43
I bought Smokin' Buds a year ago for jogging and only jogging. I didn't want to get my EX082s all sweaty. They serve their purpose well. They sound ok, but I still regret not getting Mallows. The Mallows were even $5 cheaper.

Jun 4, 2009 at 1:39 PM Post #25 of 43
Haha I have that color too! They impress the ladies.
biggrin.gif

I'm not kidding. They were like, "OMG! Those headphones are awesome!" I was like, "Umm, no."
Isn't the wait horrible?

Jun 4, 2009 at 3:23 PM Post #27 of 43
It was the only color on sale. That's my reason.

Jun 4, 2009 at 5:25 PM Post #28 of 43
I think our uneducated op wanted some funky looking phones, I posted the only two I ever tried that had that special thing that makes people turn around in the street and say wohawah, that thing that makes naked ladies run after you in the street when you wear these phones...... you get the point.
The other cans I own are highly modded sony mdr 500 and hd 25 so nothing exciting to see there.

Jun 4, 2009 at 9:13 PM Post #30 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quake120 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's funny how anybody under the age of about 17 will swear up and down that Skullcandys are the "best headphones on the market".
Well sure, I'm sure Skullcandys are better than say... Stock iBuds or some super cheap headphones you got from the dollar store.
Somebody take their high end cans to a high school and let the kids listen to them...Oh wait, that would never work because kids just won't get excited about the look of DT880s or HD650s.

Really, if you want to bring a pair of HD650s or DT880s to my High School, I'd be all over it. (You people and your excess income!)

Although it's true, most people under 17 are using ipods with stock earbuds or skullcandy. I cry a little everytime I see my friends walking around with $50+ skullcandy cans, which is happening more and more it seems.

(It also makes me angry, because I don't even have $50 for headphones, and they've wasted it...
triportsad.gif
)

*wants a cowon s9 player, w/ Fiio E5 amp, w/ senn ie7/8*
(Which I could then use to show my friends what real portable audio is...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back