SkullCandy's Or WeSC's?
Jun 3, 2009 at 7:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 43

beaTz

New Head-Fier
Hi, not sure if this is the right forum but what headphones is better? The skullcandy's or the WeSC's? For overall quality & durability. Newb here go easy,
biggrin.gif
thanks.

Jun 3, 2009 at 7:39 PM Post #3 of 43
Neither. Look into brands like Grado, Sennheiser, AKG, and Audio Technica for starters. One of them is bound to have something in your price range that could fit your preferences. There are also the Shure closed headphones if closed cans are what you're looking for.

Jun 3, 2009 at 8:05 PM Post #4 of 43
Skullcandy's are NOT (repeat NOT) headphones, they are worthless bling.

Jun 3, 2009 at 9:00 PM Post #5 of 43
The above poster is the voice of reason.
I'd like to add that wesc is only a little bit better than sullcrappy, like pizzahut is slightly better food than Mc Donal is.
If you wnat cool looking phones that actually sound good try the Panasonic HTX7 RP-HTX7-R1 - Headphones - Shop and Compare at Panasonic
Or the Audio Technica ES7 available in white or black.
http://clearnote.files.wordpress.com...f1dbc8ecaf.jpg

Btw talking about skullcandy around here is the fastest way to get covered with tar and feathers and chased out of town.

Jun 3, 2009 at 9:27 PM Post #7 of 43
Well, we've only suggested him HTX7s and ES7s, which are $30 and $54 respectively.

Jun 3, 2009 at 9:30 PM Post #8 of 43
wesc over skullcandy

but "Grado, Sennheiser, AKG, and Audio Technica" and such over either by a mile......

If you want to get good sound and build quality at low price for starters before really spending hours researching headphones I recommend starting with the Sony MDR-V6 (or MDR-7506 which is basically the same).
I got mine 5 years ago as my first real high quality headphones and am still using them!

happy listening

Jun 3, 2009 at 9:43 PM Post #10 of 43
es7 only $54 now? where? Otherwise $90 at amazon is a great price, get those!

Jun 3, 2009 at 9:46 PM Post #11 of 43
Jun 3, 2009 at 9:51 PM Post #12 of 43
wow, that's some redirecting
tongue.gif
those are refurbished though, probably as good as new, except for the 'new' part.
still... be careful with all the es7 fakes around.

Jun 3, 2009 at 10:41 PM Post #13 of 43
It's funny how anybody under the age of about 17 will swear up and down that Skullcandys are the "best headphones on the market".
Well sure, I'm sure Skullcandys are better than say... Stock iBuds or some super cheap headphones you got from the dollar store.
Somebody take their high end cans to a high school and let the kids listen to them...Oh wait, that would never work because kids just won't get excited about the look of DT880s or HD650s.

Jun 3, 2009 at 10:47 PM Post #14 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quake120 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's funny how anybody under the age of about 17 will swear up and down that Skullcandys are the "best headphones on the market".
Well sure, I'm sure Skullcandys are better than say... Stock iBuds or some super cheap headphones you got from the dollar store.
Somebody take their high end cans to a high school and let the kids listen to them...Oh wait, that would never work because kids just won't get excited about the look of DT880s or HD650s.

Hate to say this, but age discrimination is also a sign of ignorance :p. You can say the same thing about Bose and those poor grown up saps ^_^

Edit: Before anybody starts taking this the wrong way, it's meant to be a joke.

Jun 3, 2009 at 10:51 PM Post #15 of 43
Did we ever get a price range?

Gonna go ahead and post the under 80 squad before anyone else does.
biggrin.gif

Koss KSC 75 - 15$
JVC HA-RX700 - 40$ (If you can find them in stock, we took most of them)
Koss Portapros - 40$
Grado SR-60 - 60$
JVC HA-RX900 - 60$ (Slightly more likely to be in stock)
Grado SR-80 - 80$

Those are all of the good ones I can think of, those panasonics have been recommended around a bit but I don't remember reading a good review on them yet.
smily_headphones1.gif

EDIT: Yeah watch the age discrimination bit, Ishcabible is 14 last I checked and he is more mature than some of the much older people around here (You know who you are). Oh, I'm 16 myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back