Skullcandy??
Apr 17, 2007 at 8:43 PM Post #31 of 38
Closed housings can often introduce reverb and other negative effects on sound quality, especially if they weren't designed for the driver being implanted. At the lower-end in entry-fi it doesn't make as much of a difference (probably because it doesn't cost as much if you don't like it).

Apr 17, 2007 at 8:55 PM Post #32 of 38
The reverberation caused by placing open drivers into closed cups is entirely dependent on the cups themselves. Some cups (Pioneer SE 305 or Sony V150) cause more reverberation than Senn. HD201. The sound can be tuned by playing with the cups. I dampened the inside of my HD201 to bring up the bass on the 75 drivers because I lost bass when I put them in. My roommate got too much bass when he put the 75s in a V150 enclosure and solved his problem by perforating the outer cup in a ring right along the circular groove in the cup and popped out an entire section of each cup almost the size of the drivers themselves and then capped it with throwaway earpads to protect the drivers, but still let out air.

Apr 17, 2007 at 9:48 PM Post #34 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by xedan 3rG DtNx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=231963

That thread has been posted here on the first page already..but it sure is worth the repost cause it sure was a funny thread LOL!!

Apr 18, 2007 at 4:18 AM Post #37 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by deathklok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm also a firm believer that anyone who thinks any Skullcandy 'phone looks better than a K701 is smoking the wacky tabaccy.

I guess ill just get some K701s then and use them as a headband for my KSC75s.

Apr 18, 2007 at 4:34 AM Post #38 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by drizek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess ill just get some K701s then and use them as a headband for my KSC75s.

They wouldn't need the 300 hour burn in then.
580smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back