Skullcandy??
Apr 17, 2007 at 1:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 38

iPatcH

500+ Head-Fier
So, one of my good friends came up to me today. Knowing that I love headphones and all that is sexy sounds, he asked me about a headphone called "Skull Candy Ti" and if I had anything to say about it (his parents are thinking about getting him a pair for his birthday). I have never heard about these before, nor about the brand. I tried researching them but came up with nothing. Anyone have any first-hand experience with them? I hate to make assumptions, but from the looks and price of them, you're buying more of the looks and the brand name than the quality.... am I right?

Apr 17, 2007 at 1:10 AM Post #2 of 38
They're awful. Unless all you want to hear is boomy bass, then they're great.

Apr 17, 2007 at 1:10 AM Post #3 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They're awful. Unless all you want to hear is boomy bass, then they're great.

yes. they are GOD awful. they do look nice though. but they look horrible right after you listen to them
wink.gif

Apr 17, 2007 at 1:15 AM Post #5 of 38
0250003%20cuffie%20skullcandy%20-%20modello%20t.i..jpg

Skullcandy-cans look really sexy. You get these for under 100 USD, but I have my doubts about the performance. I've never seen good reviews on skullcandy-phones. In that pricerange, the AKG K81 DJ's or Sennheiser HD-595 are much more attractive!!! Or maybe even the Sony MDR-7506?

Apr 17, 2007 at 1:37 AM Post #10 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3X0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Am I the only one that think Skullcandy's look gaudy?

No, they look extremely gaudy, but in the realm of teenagers they look freaken awesome and all the ladies will want you. However, being a member of that group, I find them very ugly and they are probably really chincy and cheaply made, the 595 is just so much more classy while retaining more style than say the 650 or 580.

Apr 17, 2007 at 1:40 AM Post #11 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3X0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Am I the only one that think Skullcandy's look gaudy?

I second that. But, hey... I think it's 'American.'

Apr 17, 2007 at 1:45 AM Post #13 of 38
As yourself what is more important, looks or sound quality?

If you say looks, no need to look futher, the Skullcandy TI is the best headphone out there.

Apr 17, 2007 at 1:49 AM Post #14 of 38
Now that I think about it, I seem them all the time at the local music store for sale. I can recall as a 15-16 year old thinking about buying these thinking they have to definitely be the best on the market. Ahh, how naive I was but a few years ago....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back