Skullcandy? Seriously???
Feb 19, 2009 at 11:12 PM Post #151 of 202
Quote:

Originally Posted by KendiKong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A lot of people on yahoo answers seems to recommend bose and skullcandys. I went to a question titled, "whats the best headphone brands?", and someone replies "Skullcandy, hands down"

From my school...

Kid: Are those SkullCandy's?
Me: No, they're from a company called Head-Direct.
Kid: Oh, that sucks. I think that music is too important to waste money on crappy brands, but whatever.

Feb 19, 2009 at 11:32 PM Post #152 of 202
Honestly I don't notice people's headphones unless its a brand I know. I only turn head if I see AKG, Sennheiser, Audio Technica, Beyerdynamic, and Ultrasone, anything else couldn't care less.

Feb 19, 2009 at 11:36 PM Post #154 of 202
deadhorse.gif
deadhorse.gif
deadhorse.gif
deadhorse.gif
:deadh orse:
deadhorse.gif
deadhorse.gif
deadhorse.gif
deadhorse.gif
: deadhorse:
deadhorse.gif
deadhorse.gif
deadhorse.gif

Feb 20, 2009 at 12:17 AM Post #155 of 202
Simply put, Skullcandy's suck. Don't even think about buying them because:

1) Sound is dismal at VERY best
2) They're overpriced
3) Cheaply manufactured

Morons at my school seem to have the delusion that these are great. In my experience, the bass is WAY too loud, muddy, boomy, distorted, and completely overpowers the mids and highs. Skullcandy seems to do a great job with the overall visual and aesthetic appearance of their products but the apparent thoughtlessness in regard to sound is appalling. If you want to spend $50 on full-sized cans I recommend Koss PortaPro, iGrado, or any of AKG's lower priced models.

Happy listening (hopefully not to Skullcandy)

Feb 28, 2009 at 10:32 PM Post #157 of 202
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominick /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was surprised and had a chuckle to see that Skull Candy is not a major advertiser on head-fi. It's going to be fun to watch all you guys convert over to them

What are you talking about?

Feb 28, 2009 at 10:35 PM Post #158 of 202
sorry, I meant to say "now" a sponsor. I mean, most of the folks that are in here (especially when I asked about SC quality) do nothing but bash them. It's going to be interesting to see if the advertising sways more head-fiers to buy SC.

Feb 28, 2009 at 10:41 PM Post #159 of 202
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominick /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sorry, I meant to say "now" a sponsor. I mean, most of the folks that are in here (especially when I asked about SC quality) do nothing but bash them. It's going to be interesting to see if the advertising sways more head-fiers to buy SC.

Those are just random advertisements from Google you see on the side; it "reads" that that most of this stuff talked about here are audio-based, so it spews out what seems to be most popular related to that subject.

Feb 28, 2009 at 11:16 PM Post #160 of 202
found a pair of skullcandy TI at work today, and gave them a quick listen out of my EF1.

are you ready for this?

THEYSOUNDED OK!!!!1!
floatsmile.png

not to say that i would reccommend anyone buying one, but they were better than i expected, kind of like a closed portapro (not that the portapro is any good
wink.gif
)... whitch means its probably good enough for outdoor use (schools, commuting, etc), where the average human spend most of their time using headphones
tongue.gif

build quality obviously sucked though, as they were broken in several different places and helt together with tape

Mar 1, 2009 at 12:49 AM Post #161 of 202
From the review tab on the site of Skullcandy's 150$ top end model:

Quote:

oh my god...... i tried these out at a skate shop in the mall of america in minnesota and i was so amazed that there could be a headphone this good. the sound quality is the best ive ever heard (it's tied with bose) and the bass is so incredible it blew my mind. i turned it all the way up and i felt like i was surrounded in my music. its definatly the best headphone ive ever used in my life. they are also extremely comfortable with the padded leather and they are lightweight as well. their a little expensive but would definatly be worth the money. i hope i get a a pair for christmas

Mar 1, 2009 at 1:06 AM Post #162 of 202
Quote:

Originally Posted by anetode /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They clearly don't know ant better, sorry for the possible holier then though attitude, but they produce poor headphones. Bose at least produce okay headphones (thought they are severly overpriced).

Mar 1, 2009 at 2:52 AM Post #164 of 202
Quote:

Originally Posted by anetode /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Its not that these people are sharing their opinion that makes me mad. Its the fact that people reading it will believe that Skullcandy is producing quality headphones when they aren't

Mar 1, 2009 at 3:12 AM Post #165 of 202
Granted, but this review shows that it isn't very hard to entice an adolescent to save up for an over-priced plastic p.o.s. when it has a neat paintjob and makes a vague claim of quality/value. That trend continues all the way to adolescents reaching middle age who buy cars for much the same reason.

Ah, the sweet disgrace of crass exploitation

Users who are viewing this thread

Back