Skullcandy mocks head-fi
Feb 19, 2009 at 8:27 PM Post #16 of 34
Yup I third that motion.

Feb 19, 2009 at 8:29 PM Post #17 of 34
At least Head-Fi is making money from the ads lol

Feb 19, 2009 at 8:43 PM Post #18 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by nor_spoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why not just let them do their stuff? I have to admit the mocking, bashing of the two brands is really getting tiresome and dumb.
Also, I might be getting old and grumpy. Yeah, that's probably it. Now, where was I...? Huh? Did I just say something? What did you say?

Perhaps I am just young and grumpy, but I agree. I know that as a new member if I came here looking for information and saw a "Official Bose and Skullcandy Hate Thread" I would be leaving right away - that does not at all seem professional to me, and I don't like to participate in environments like that (or tolerate them on the sites I'm involved with managing). It is not the right way to do things.

Feb 19, 2009 at 8:58 PM Post #19 of 34
DON'T YOU PEOPLE UNDERSTAND? Every time a newb buys Bose or Skullcandy, God kills a kitten.

Feb 19, 2009 at 9:00 PM Post #20 of 34
Doesn't God also kill a kitten whenever you mastu...nevermind.

Speaking of which, Head-Fiers only hate Bose and Skullcandy because they're popular. Bloody elitist wankers.

Kidding.

I need more sleep.

Feb 19, 2009 at 9:02 PM Post #21 of 34
Those poor kittens, god is so cruel.

Feb 19, 2009 at 9:03 PM Post #23 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by yukihiro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At least Head-Fi is making money from the ads lol

Yeah, if the ads keep the site going, who cares?

I mean, it's obvious that Skull Candy has a huge marketing budget (they sure aren't spending their capital on R&D, lol), so why not let them send some of their cash our way?
tongue.gif

As for banning threads on Bose and Skull Candy, banning discussion about headphones on a headphone forum seems silly.

Feb 19, 2009 at 9:10 PM Post #24 of 34
I don't mind the ads. Those who are interested in headphone audio enough to want to choose a product that will be a good fit for them will find out on their own from postings that SC is a gimmick. Bose is another thing entirely. But again, a little research will yield plenty of warnings.
If head-fi.org can pay the bills this way (or even turn a profit), and make a place for us to share our views and opinions, that's OK by me.

Feb 19, 2009 at 10:02 PM Post #25 of 34
Skullcandy has $99 wood in-ears now. Maybe they do read Head-fi and are being influenced in a good way! Maybe Skullcandy can throw cash Head-fi's way and Head-fi can influence Skullcandy toward a new and better direction. Everybody wins!

Feb 19, 2009 at 10:22 PM Post #27 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by csommers /img/forum/go_quote.gif
+1
I've never heard Skullcandy, but I can say something about Bose. Now, I don't own or like Bose, but I have listened to them a fair amount. The only major problem I can see is that they are overpriced, like tintin said. For some, who want noise cancelation, they are a GREAT deal, but for others who are looking for just regular headphones, then your money is best spent elsewhere.

Ya cause noone else makes noise canceling equipment, right? Bose is exclusive in this regard, absolutely.

Feb 19, 2009 at 10:26 PM Post #28 of 34
I like Skullcandy - They are very brightly colored, so it's easy to spot the wannabe trendy knuckleheads wearing them. It's also easy to spot the pompous wannabe sales executives wearing Blose on the airplane...

Feb 19, 2009 at 10:29 PM Post #29 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, kittens are demons in disguise.

Those poor demons
frown.gif
god is so unforgiving.

Feb 19, 2009 at 10:43 PM Post #30 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
something needs to be done....such ads defeat the purpose of head-fi forum.

Really? How's that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back