Skullcandy mocks head-fi
Feb 19, 2009 at 4:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

Tapiozona

100+ Head-Fier
Has anyone noticed the rush of Skullcandy ads that now appear on head-fi? Even with thread after thread after thread bashing their crappy products they advertise here as if to say "Haha, F-you Head-fi".

I bet they'll even get quite a few sales from their ads here. With the influx of new members, many will see their ads here as legitimacy and buy long before they do any research.

Touche Skullcandy..Touche

Feb 19, 2009 at 4:42 PM Post #2 of 34
LOL!

Chances are someone in their marketing department googled "headphone forums" and this was one of them that came up, then they looked up who to contact and set up the adverts; they probably have never read any of the posts here and are probably more interested in what's being posted at TMZ than caring to do real market research.

Feb 19, 2009 at 4:43 PM Post #3 of 34
Skullcandy, never head of it
tongue.gif

Feb 19, 2009 at 5:28 PM Post #5 of 34
something needs to be done....such ads defeat the purpose of head-fi forum.

lets make a Bose and Skullcandy sticky...seriously..explaining the 2 worst headphone brands ..and why audiophiles hate them

Feb 19, 2009 at 5:35 PM Post #6 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
something needs to be done....such ads defeat the purpose of head-fi forum.

lets make a Bose and Skullcandy sticky...seriously..explaining the 2 worst headphone brands ..and why audiophiles hate them

This has got to stop. First, all of the anti bose and skullcandy threads should be locked immediately. Second, bose is not one of the worst headphone brands. Their products are overpriced, but they are really good at active noise canceling and are not terrible phones. Skullcandy are bad, but WE GET IT! There is no need to start endless threads and bring them up so often unless someone asks about them in terms of a recommendation. Even then, those threads need to stop becoming huge piles of "I hates teh Skullcandyz" posts. Come on, people.

Feb 19, 2009 at 5:57 PM Post #7 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin47 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This has got to stop. First, all of the anti bose and skullcandy threads should be locked immediately. Second, bose is not one of the worst headphone brands. Their products are overpriced, but they are really good at active noise canceling and are not terrible phones. Skullcandy are bad, but WE GET IT! There is no need to start endless threads and bring them up so often unless someone asks about them in terms of a recommendation. Even then, those threads need to stop becoming huge piles of "I hates teh Skullcandyz" posts. Come on, people.

+1
I've never heard Skullcandy, but I can say something about Bose. Now, I don't own or like Bose, but I have listened to them a fair amount. The only major problem I can see is that they are overpriced, like tintin said. For some, who want noise cancelation, they are a GREAT deal, but for others who are looking for just regular headphones, then your money is best spent elsewhere.

Feb 19, 2009 at 6:01 PM Post #8 of 34
Also people keep failing to notice they are google adds.

Feb 19, 2009 at 6:45 PM Post #9 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin47 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Indifference is just another form of evil. Why sit idly by and allow new forum members, obviously interested in headphones get ripped off? Bose is overpriced, and are poor competitors in their price bracket. Skullcandy brings up an entire new spectrum of marketing scheme abuse.

There doesn't need to be a sticky, but there definitely does not need to be a stop of skullcandy threads or discussion.

Dave

Feb 19, 2009 at 8:00 PM Post #12 of 34
Yeah, and all these threads mentioning the adds.
wink.gif

Feb 19, 2009 at 8:15 PM Post #13 of 34
If a headphone listener is sophisticated enough to find Head-Fi, they, typically, are NOT interested in Skullcandy. Would a McDonald's ad do much good in the Michelin Guide?

Bose and Skullcandy need to be treated like sex, politics and religion here: verboten. There has never been, and never will be, a useful discussion of either brand. The threads spin out of control and are inevitably locked. There should be a sticky up explaining that and Bose/Skullcandy threads should be forbidden.

Feb 19, 2009 at 8:20 PM Post #14 of 34
I'll second that motion Uncle Erik. There is no use ultimately. A sticky should be made but then it clashes with advertisements...Dunno guys.

I DO know that bose and skull will never get my money until they get their heads out of their rears and LISTEN to what they are selling. Ear-pain.

Feb 19, 2009 at 8:27 PM Post #15 of 34
Why not just let them do their stuff? I have to admit the mocking, bashing of the two brands is really getting tiresome and dumb.
Also, I might be getting old and grumpy. Yeah, that's probably it. Now, where was I...? Huh? Did I just say something? What did you say?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back