Skullcandy: Least of 6 Evils
Sep 20, 2011 at 8:49 PM Post #18 of 23
My sister has a pair of Smokin Buds. I didn't know the sound of agony until I heard them.

Lol ok maybe I'm exaggerating a bit, but they really are terrible, and you couldn't pay me to ever use them again.

Since it's all store credit and it's not like you're going to get cash back, you might as well go for FMJs.

Sep 20, 2011 at 8:59 PM Post #19 of 23

FMJs are noticeably worse in overall sq than almost all of their other models. If FMJs even cross your mind I would say go for the Fix, if you really want to pay extra for something...

Quote:
My sister has a pair of Smokin Buds. I didn't know the sound of agony until I heard them.

Lol ok maybe I'm exaggerating a bit, but they really are terrible, and you couldn't pay me to ever use them again.

Since it's all store credit and it's not like you're going to get cash back, you might as well go for FMJs.

Sep 20, 2011 at 9:13 PM Post #21 of 23
Yes. The best overall sound of their lineup goes to the ink'd with a mic (for some reason these sound better to my ears than the normal ink'd) or the titans. FMJ and Smokin Buds are about at a tie, depending on just how much bass bloating you can tolerate for larger quantity, and the regular ink'd and their lower end models are total, complete and utter crap.

Sep 20, 2011 at 9:35 PM Post #22 of 23
That was supposed to be a rhetorical question, but thanks for clearing it up :)

Though I'd still group the smokin buds into the "total, complete and utter crap" category. I couldn't even last a whole song with them on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back