Skullcandy Ink'd Review (yes, I'm serious)
Jun 27, 2010 at 10:30 AM Post #46 of 71
Hi i have these i had to replace my  shure E2's not bad for the money.
i use mine at work for listerning to podcasts and a audibooks,
i find them very comfortable for extended use ( up to 10 hours a day).
audiofile thay are not but very good for the money.

Jun 27, 2010 at 1:23 PM Post #47 of 71
These are my beater pair, I've had them for about a year and a half and they've held up very well.  Pretty accurate review, but mine have the L + R markings on the plastic wire exit under the housing (under the skull logo).   I googled imaged them trying to find an example, it appears some have a space there for it while others don't.  Anyway, it's very faint and easy to miss. 

Good review!  

Sep 26, 2010 at 12:03 PM Post #48 of 71
The music world is a relatively new adventure for me. I didn't know about all the various players, IEM's, etc. I asked around other forums for a suggestion for something to take to work with me, and was suggested a Sansa Clip+. My son actually bought the Clip+ for me for Christmas.  I went to Target and purchased a pair of Skullcandy Ink'd buds, only because of the price, and the fact that they would fit in my ears better than the stock buds that came with the Clip+. I knew nothing about the various sound dynamics from different IEM's at that time. Anyways, I purchased them on sale for $11. I think they're definitely worth that much. I have others now, but since these are cheap, I use them at work daily. So, I actually listen to these more than my others. I guess my ears kind of get acclimated to the sound a bit. I think they sound damn good for the money.

I have read reviews elsewhere for these, and on one review in particular, a man did a review and said how great they sounded. Then he purchased another pair at a later date, and edited his review saying the newer ones didn't even sound the same, that they weren't that good. I wonder if that's why these are so hit and miss. QC perhaps isn't so good.

BTW, the R and L are located on the strain reliefs on the Ink'd buds. I can't see them without a magnifying glass:

003-13.png

Sep 26, 2010 at 3:57 PM Post #49 of 71
Differences between individual units are very often a factor with budget IEMs. I can only speak for my pair of Ink'd buds and they fell right smack in the middle of the spectrum in terms of the SQ one could get for under $15. Not impossible to do better but not difficult to do worse, either. 

By the way I still can't distinguish the L/R markings in your pic 
tongue.gif
. I can tell they're there, though.

Quote:
I have read reviews elsewhere for these, and on one review in particular, a man did a review and said how great they sounded. Then he purchased another pair at a later date, and edited his review saying the newer ones didn't even sound the same, that they weren't that good. I wonder if that's why these are so hit and miss. QC perhaps isn't so good.

BTW, the R and L are located on the strain reliefs on the Ink'd buds. I can't see them without a magnifying glass:

003-13.png

Sep 26, 2010 at 5:31 PM Post #50 of 71
These might be easier to see.

R:
002-16.jpg

L:

009-6.jpg

Sep 26, 2010 at 8:53 PM Post #51 of 71
Yep, definitely easy to see at that magnification. Skullcandy is clearly aiming these at kids or they'd have to include a complimentary magnifying glass.

Sep 26, 2010 at 9:03 PM Post #52 of 71
I didn't even know they had markings, last time I saw a pair I just figured they must be marketed to people who could really care less that left is left and right is right.

Sep 26, 2010 at 11:01 PM Post #53 of 71
Funny thing is, I put a mark on one I believed to be the left bud. Wrong, it was the right, lol.

Feb 21, 2012 at 12:07 PM Post #54 of 71
actually you're wrong about something the r and l indicators are on the ink'd buds right by the earbud where the wire connects..i greatly appreciate music and ink'd skullcandies are one of my favorite affordable earbuds i buy them at marshall's for 10$

Feb 21, 2012 at 12:39 PM Post #55 of 71

Quote:
actually you're wrong about something the r and l indicators are on the ink'd buds right by the earbud where the wire connects..i greatly appreciate music and ink'd skullcandies are one of my favorite affordable earbuds i buy them at marshall's for 10$

This has been mentioned at least 10 times in this very thread. I am still certain that my original 3-year-old Ink'd did not have markings but current ones do.

Feb 21, 2012 at 7:28 PM Post #56 of 71
Joker, you should try the $6 Panasonic RP-HJE120. It sounds quite nice for the price. It has very nice highs and a nice midrange, but is a bit light on the bass. Very pleasant to listen to though. The Panasonic RP-HJE450 is around $25. It has much more bass than the HJE120. Imo the HJE450 sounds better than the JVC HAFX1X.

Feb 2, 2013 at 12:52 AM Post #57 of 71
Just found these that I stored away in a closet along time ago when I moved on to bigger and better phones, and although they are by no means excellent headphones, with a good seal the bass on these can indeed be fun. They remind me of my car stereo I had as a teenager with 2 12inch Rockford Fosgate subs in the trunk

Feb 2, 2013 at 1:23 AM Post #58 of 71
I feel like I should point out that the ones he tested out were the 2011 Ink'd, which are now sold for $8~$10

The ones you should be reviewing are the Ink'd 2, which are now being sold by Best Buy where I live for $15, and are actually a big improvement on the 2011 Ink'd.

Feb 2, 2013 at 1:49 AM Post #59 of 71
Quote:
I feel like I should point out that the ones he tested out were the 2011 Ink'd, which are now sold for $8~$10

The ones you should be reviewing are the Ink'd 2, which are now being sold by Best Buy where I live for $15, and are actually a big improvement on the 2011 Ink'd.

This review was written and posted in August of 2009. 

Feb 8, 2013 at 4:32 PM Post #60 of 71
I work in construction as a master electrician. ive used ear buds on occasion on the job. i used the inked buds for the cheap price and tolerable sound. the best part is the lifetime warranty. i have had 3 pairs replaced over the last 5 years. now they have the inked 2 buds that i must say sound much better. by no means are they audiophile, but they do sound better

i think that they have a much fuller sound. the highs are less tinny however still slightly recessed. sub bass is less, but more defined. mid bass however is louder. they are definately better than the originals, and as a free upgrade under warranty....no complaints here. they are my "work buds" that i dont care if i break as they are so cheap and skull candy will replace them for free.

dont heistate to pick up a pair to mow the lawn or get torn up on the motorcycle.

customer service is absolutely top notch....surprisingly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back