Skullcandy Hesh 2.0 Review - Avoid at all costs.
Oct 15, 2012 at 7:48 PM Post #16 of 32
My nephew bought these hesh 2.0. No bad, but my 30 bucks htf600 sounds much better. But he wanted them for the looks. At these age its not a suprise.

Jan 15, 2013 at 3:51 PM Post #17 of 32
I found the Hesh 2.0 in a display at Target last night. I tried them and, while it may have been the source, they sounded a lot better to me than the previous generation Hesh. To be honest they sounded a lot better than the Sony XB600 set up next to them on a different source. The Skullcandy display also had the ROC Nation Aviators and they are pretty nice too except that they seem a little too fragile for my use. I would really like to have been able to try them out against my 8323's on my own source.

Jan 17, 2013 at 7:52 PM Post #18 of 32
I agree, this thing is really uncomfortable, i can't wear it for long periods of time which sucks because i generally listen music when travel =( 
in the sound deparment i don't complain, this is not the best set of headphones obviously but they fit to me and my electronic music(with powerfull bass).

Apr 1, 2013 at 12:32 PM Post #21 of 32
I've always been pretty happy with my original hesh set.  Picke em up in 09'.  One thing everybody seems to be missing out on is the fact that skullcandy has a lifetime warranty.  Yup, that's right.  I'm pretty hard on headphones, but the build quality on these things tends to give out on me in around a year, even if I just leave them at home, next to the bed (with fairly constant use ~3hrs a day average).  So I send it back in and get a new pair for the price of one way S&H and never have to worry about breaking an expensive pair.  Plus they've got a 50% warranty to cover any sort of accidental/crazy stupid damage as long as you give them the story.  Now that they no longer stock the original hesh, I'll probably have to shell out 10$ to upgrade when I return them and get store credit, but I bought my damn headphones for something like 33-40 dollars when they were on sale, and I'm getting a pair of 60 dollar headphones with a lifetime warranty for 10$ whenever the current pair gives out.  I mean I've been through something like 5-6 sets of these, and I pay something around 4-6$ SH to choose a new model every time the plastic wears out.  I'm happy enough with this arrangement that I ended up returning a pair of beats I got for christmas so I wouldn't have to worry about breaking them (not that they necessarily would have been all that big an improvement sound wise...).

Apr 3, 2013 at 9:22 PM Post #23 of 32
I honestly Don't agree with you. The are very comfortable except that my earrings jab into my neck when I put them on, but that happens to me with ALL my headphones. I do agree, however, that the bass sucks!! If you're looking for some headphones with awesome bass to be listening to dubstep or rock, like me, then don't buy them.

Apr 18, 2013 at 11:11 PM Post #24 of 32
I would also disagree to some extent with this review. I've just recently become very interested in the quality of what I'm listening to. So to put it in context, up until recently I've been using Apple included buds and whatever other cheap buds I had around. Well, they just weren't cutting it for me. I was wandering around target and saw the headphone display. I didn't want to shell out a ton of money and I felt (with nothing at the time to really back it up) that dropping $180-$200+ on headphones at Target without doing any research would be a mistake. I wound up picking the Skullcandy Hesh, for either $50, or $60 bucks, I'm not certain. These were a MASSIVE improvement over the apple buds. I'm a pretty big guy and I've got a big head and while these are completely plastic I've haven't ad any issues with them being too uncomfortable, although it would certainly be a nice touch if the headband had a bit of padding!

While possessing exactly zero audiophile cred and none of the terminology, I thought that while the sound overall was definitely decent (for $50 bucks anyway), I wanted to do better. I started doing some research. I spent a lot of time online, I spent a lot of time here:) It began to seem to me that I could probably enjoy a least a decent, if not excellent, "audiophile experience" with the right headphone setup, I began to get a bit obsessed! I read on....

Finally I pulled the trigger and purchased a set of Hifiman HE-:400's, I plugged them into my ipad and hmm a bit more research. 90 minutes after owning them, I ordered the Fiio e07K. I've got some more to learn for sure and I've got to make some time to rip some music at better quality, but I'm thrilled with the setup.

I went into all that to say this, I have the new gear and I'm loving it. But truth is its gear, its a setup and its all upstairs:wink: When I just need something for a short time, or simple I still grab the SK Hesh's. I'm becoming vividly aware of the huge contrast between them and my new toys, but they still sound at a minimum, acceptable to me, they aren't terrible by any means.

If one of the resident experts were to say that there are 12 other headphones that cost what the Hesh's do and are better, I'd be in no position to argue. But honestly for $50, and maybe more, you could(And I have), have done a lot worse.

This is actually my first post so I'd also like to say a huge thank you to all of you who have posted so much helpful information and insightful reviews. I feel like I made some good choices, like I have a really good starting point and I'm really looking forward to learning more and enjoying my music at a whole new level, thanks!

Oct 1, 2013 at 1:25 PM Post #26 of 32
The Hesh 2.0 lack in bass and have an extreme amount of treble.

I'd say it's the exact opposite

While neutral sounding, there are definitely a lot more bass than treble
While this sound signature is pretty good for EDM and the like, I definitely enjoy rock with more sparkle in the highs
Just turn up the treble on EQ and voile, fixed

I actually enjoy these a lot more than the Sony V6/7506
While V6 might be more revealing, the clarity on these is not bad at all
The Hesh has these punchy bass without muddying the mids, and EQ solves the high part of the sound spectrum (it also reduces a bit of the boom on the bass)
And the mids are definitely a lot more forward than the V6s, which I enjoy

I know comparing them to IEMs are kind of bad, but they sound similar to VSonic GR07, with a little EQ on the highs
With a smaller soundstage and lower level of clarity and detail

As for the actual construction, they are by no means a tank, but they seem pretty solid
I got the ones with padding on the headband so I have no issues there

If you want something uncomfortable as hell, try the Coloud Booms
Those are pure terror on your heads (and they sound like garbage)

I will never complain about headphone comforts again after trying those out

Oct 3, 2013 at 11:33 AM Post #27 of 32
I also listened to the Aviators, Navigator and Hesh 2.0 at Target.  I also listened to the SOL republic, Sony and Beats setup.  I actually thought the Hesh werent too bad.  They sounded more neutral than many of the other headphones.  Not overwhelming in any area.  As a whole I personally like the way the Sol Republic on ears, and over ears sounded.  Great highs and they dropped pretty low.  Yeah, I like a more V-shaped sound signature, so maybe that is why. 

I listen to Vmoda M80's and although I prefer their sound over any OE ive ever heard, I still like the sound of the SOLs, next the Sonys, SkullCandies and then the Beats which are way too Vshaped in sound for my everyday listening.  I can stand a bit of recessed mids, but not exaggerated. 

Oct 4, 2013 at 2:30 PM Post #28 of 32
I been new to the over-ear headphone market ( my only ones for the longest time was Turtle beach x42 for gaming ) and was comfortable. I recently tried the sennheiser HD419 (comfortable but really lacking in bass in my opinion and returned them), Soul SL150 ( was $63 and SQ was worth it at that price but hurt my head) , V-moda Crossfade LP and soon the M-100. While in terms of comfortable I put the Hesh 2.0 Worse then the Soul SL150. I just couldn't wear them past like 3-5 minutes just because they hurt my head a lot

The SQ was crap as usual for Skullcandy for the exception of the Mix master and Aviators in my opinion

Nov 7, 2013 at 11:37 PM Post #29 of 32
  I been new to the over-ear headphone market ( my only ones for the longest time was Turtle beach x42 for gaming ) and was comfortable. I recently tried the sennheiser HD419 (comfortable but really lacking in bass in my opinion and returned them), Soul SL150 ( was $63 and SQ was worth it at that price but hurt my head) , V-moda Crossfade LP and soon the M-100. While in terms of comfortable I put the Hesh 2.0 Worse then the Soul SL150. I just couldn't wear them past like 3-5 minutes just because they hurt my head a lot

The SQ was crap as usual for Skullcandy for the exception of the Mix master and Aviators in my opinion

I got a pair that came with a laptop I just bought. Its very fun clear and nonfatiguing. Its signature is alot like my Hd25i-II. It might replace my m80 at work because of comfort issues.

Bonus... Hesh 2 with vmoda cables are great :)

Dec 10, 2015 at 2:52 AM Post #30 of 32
I used to be an avid Skullcandy user and customer, I was practically an unofficial brand ambassador for them wherever I went with my passion for sound and music.. I own many, many sets of headphones and ear buds: Sony, Beats by Dre, Jaybird, along with an overstock of Skullcandy to name names.. I've had my first pair from the Hesh product line for a few days now, the Hesh 2.0 wireless.. After months maybe years of surveying them in stores, in other people's possession, and now in my own possession, I can confidently say that,

The Hesh is one of the worst product lines I've experienced from Skullcandy.

The Hesh make the Skullcandy Mixmaster's seem like Hi_Res Professional headphones, and that's saying a_lot! The only problem, it seems, with the sound and volume quality of the Hesh 2.0 Wireless headphones, are the actual headphones themselves! Honestly, I'm wanting these headphones to be the loud, bass pumping cans from Skullcandy, 'now_with_bluetooth', which I've been patiently waiting years for, and I desire for someone to tell me that they "need some time to 'break-in'", but my gut tells me this is just how they're meant to be..

Hesh 2.0 wireless with poor sound and low volume.

:frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back