SkullCandy Gaming PLYR 1 Wireless Mic Headset
Dec 4, 2013 at 9:43 PM Post #61 of 75
Double amping is when you amp something...twice. It's more likely to introduce distortion into the signal chain.

PLYR2 only has USB and 3.5mm input--and doesn't come with 3.5mm cable btw--so the only way to connect it to the Xonar U3 is via 3.5mm cable. This will result in double amping.

Again, I would question the idea of buying a PLYR2 if you're going to be sitting right next to your computer anyway. There's many wired headsets you could buy instead, since wireless is unnecessary for such a setup, and the U3 is going to handle Dolby Headphone already.

Dec 4, 2013 at 10:19 PM Post #62 of 75
Just cancelled my order with Newegg- they were still processing from Saturday, with no ship to date (Wed). 
I hope someone else can work this out- I really want wireless headphones that will work from a Home Theater set up too.  I shied away from the cheaper Logitech phones due to all the negative comments on Amazon regarding connectivity issues.

Dec 6, 2013 at 10:52 AM Post #63 of 75
I am actually chillin here with an Audigy 2 SB0240( a really old soundcard) and I was wondering the BEST way to connect it to my plyr 1 device. The sound card only has a digital and then standard stereo 3.5mm connections. Is it better to convert digital to toslink; or is it better to go 3.5mm into the aux in on the plyr 1 dock? Then dolby headphone from the dock.

Mar 20, 2014 at 12:44 PM Post #68 of 75
I bought these headphones a while back and cannot get my PC to get 7.1 to work infact my Pc thinks it's mono one speaker I have Realtek HD audio and tried in there as well the skull candy web site has no help on there so before i got on the phone for the rest of the day i thought id try to see if anyone had any thing they remember about set up to get them working properly

Mar 20, 2014 at 1:37 PM Post #69 of 75
Hi,

I had the exact same problem. I also have Realtek HD audio. The suggested fix was the Asus Xonar U3. Apparently, unless your computer already has a port for the tos link cable, you won't be getting any digital surround sound. Just running with the usb gives the base sound, but nothing special, not even stereo. The reason for the Xonar U3, is to give you a tos link/ S/PIDF connection, as well as upgrade your sound card, which is something else required. Without a better sound card, your computer will not support 7.1 surround sound.

The Xonar U3 was suggested because it provides what is needed, while also not being overly priced. From what I was able to discern from Asus's site, it seems like a good deal.
Personally, I myself have not been able to purchase it, but someone else on here has. You may want to ask them whether or not they like it.

I hope this helped you. :)

Mar 20, 2014 at 8:04 PM Post #70 of 75
Quillik is correct, you need TOSlink for surround sound on the PLYR1. 
DrayySlayyer, I'm pretty sure we covered that requirement in this thread. Sorry you didn't see it. Also, please format your stuff man; it's hard to read.

Jul 23, 2014 at 1:35 AM Post #73 of 75
After all this time, have any of your guys' plyr1 broke yet? A lot of the most recent new egg and amazon reviews are stating that the plastic piece of the ear cups with 3 screws break down.

Sep 1, 2014 at 6:41 PM Post #74 of 75
I wish to buy this headset for my computer, but the headphone jack does not work for any type of headphones. Will a properly working headphone jack be required for the use of these headphones, or are they not necessary? (the stereo jack works fine, it's just the main headphone one.)

Jan 28, 2015 at 10:57 PM Post #75 of 75
So i have a little bit of a problem my Headset (SkullCandy Gaming PLYR 1 Wireless Mic Headset) just randomly did the dying noise and flashing light now it won't turn on or charge anyone know how to fix this? Please help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back