Skullcandy Crusher: Any Thoughts?
Apr 2, 2013 at 11:35 AM Post #17 of 39
okay! they have a seperate subwoofer (battery powered) which is actually smart so it minimized over-bass muddling. maybe skullcandy is getting serious. it says the recommended use is making your ears bleed...

Apr 2, 2013 at 4:11 PM Post #18 of 39
I will preface this by saying that I do work for Skullcandy, but I think this is one of our best outings since our acoustics team started last July. 

Also, the bleeding ears is fun marketing speak, but these headphones may actually be better for bassheads than previous offerings.  The "subwoofer" increases bass sensation through tactile vibration, and will allow a basshead to get their fix at a much lower sound pressure level.

http://techcrunch.com/2013/01/11/skullcandys-100-crusher-headphones-promise-to-rattle-your-head-actually-do/

Apr 2, 2013 at 5:42 PM Post #19 of 39
I'm curious, is this vibration system more tamed/realistic than the Skullcrushers? Those vibrated at every hit of the bass, but will these be more controlled, or is it similar? For me the worst thing about the Skullcrushers was that, yes it vibrated, but it didn't have the bass body to substantiate that vibration, making the already fake sensation even less believable. Does this headphone take into account that not every thump of the bass constitues a feeling?

Apr 9, 2013 at 1:38 PM Post #26 of 39
So anyone taken the plunge yet? 

I bought some Denon D2000's so I think I'm set for a while but I'd like to hear the impressions about these. 

Apr 9, 2013 at 2:11 PM Post #27 of 39
http://www.head-fi.org/t/657827/skullcandy-crushers-brief-impression-review

Someone got them and reviewed them. 

Dec 16, 2013 at 10:04 PM Post #28 of 39
     I really like my pair. They are probably one of the funnest pair of headphones I've ever owned, and actually sound impressive even without the bass. After i burned both the Rex 40 and sensation drivers they have a very warm sound (typical for skullcandy), the bass will shake your face when all the way turned up and at only 100$ its a steal. There's very little sound leakage at max volume and distortion free. Lows are obviously pretty intense, mids can sound a little muffled at times but a clean, crisp sound always and the highs are minimal, my only regret.

Dec 21, 2014 at 1:31 PM Post #29 of 39
What this headphone has that all my other high end headphones don't have is the fun factor. For critical listening I use my akg, audio technicas but when I fell like exploring my audio I use the crusher. I was astonished how good these really are. And very comfortable and build is also very good. So for movies, music and games these add a cool new feature that my other cans lack. I allways look forward to use these now more often then my other cans. 5/5 for everything

Users who are viewing this thread

Back