Skeptico Saloon: An Objectivist Joint
May 2, 2015 at 9:23 PM Post #1,427 of 1,671
They'll take my iPad Retina when they pry it from my cold, dead hands.

se

There are probably more than one troll on Head-Fi that would be glad to help you on that. 
tongue.gif

May 2, 2015 at 9:26 PM Post #1,428 of 1,671
I have clearly been influenced by the anti apple vibes in head-fi... HAving read the technical reviews, it's a mightily high performing dap. Will probably go for that, thanks for the recommendation.

I think it's more of an anti-iTunes and anti-lightning connector vibe than an anti-Apple. :)

May 2, 2015 at 9:32 PM Post #1,429 of 1,671
I think it's more of an anti-iTunes and anti-lightning connector vibe than an anti-Apple.
smily_headphones1.gif

Yep, iTunes sux, big time. I like the Lightening connector being small and reversible, except that there is no real LOD connection for a real line out from the internal DAC. I guess most folks are mad if they invested heaviy in the 30 pin world and got screwed by the change. I'll bet that they'll be heading towards USB 3 Type C connectors as their next trick.

May 2, 2015 at 9:47 PM Post #1,431 of 1,671
Yep, iTunes sux, big time. I like the Lightening connector being small and reversible, except that there is no real LOD connection for a real line out from the internal DAC. I guess most folks are mad if they invested heaviy in the 30 pin world and got screwed by the change. I'll bet that they'll be heading towards USB 3 Type C connectors as their next trick.

Or maybe they'll go back to that idea of their own, proprietary headphone jack which they were tossing around. (lol)

May 2, 2015 at 9:53 PM Post #1,434 of 1,671
Or maybe they'll go back to that idea of their own, proprietary headphone jack which they were tossing around. (lol)

That was probably more rumor than reality. Then again, I wouldn't put anything past them.
So who's going to get an iWatch? $350 USD gets you a small model with a pastic band. $500 is more like what will fit a man's wrist and not look like crap. That's a first gen device with a battery that might not make it till bedtime. Consider that money in the garbage can, because next year an almost functional replacement will be out to pull your chain for another year.

May 2, 2015 at 10:09 PM Post #1,435 of 1,671
So who's going to get an iWatch? $350 USD gets you a small model with a pastic band. $500 is more like what will fit a man's wrist and not look like crap. That's a first gen device with a battery that might not make it till bedtime. Consider that money in the garbage can, because next year an almost functional replacement will be out to pull your chain for another year.

I don't even wear a regular watch. Not going to shackle myself with an Apple Watch.

se

May 2, 2015 at 10:11 PM Post #1,436 of 1,671
I don't even wear a regular watch. Not going to shackle myself with an Apple Watch.

se

TIm Cook is not sending you a Christmas card this year either.
Are you ready for the new iBeats portable DAC/Amp? I got to start my own rumor.

May 2, 2015 at 10:22 PM Post #1,437 of 1,671
That was probably more rumor than reality. Then again, I wouldn't put anything past them.

Could have been a rumor they started just to test the waters. They would love to have every headphone manufacturer paying a licensing fee for a proprietary jack patent. That is completely the way Apple thinks.

I'm sure the watch is over priced.

May 2, 2015 at 10:35 PM Post #1,438 of 1,671
Could have been a rumor they started just to test the waters. They would love to have every headphone manufacturer paying a licensing fee for a proprietary jack patent. That is completely the way Apple thinks.

I'm sure the watch is over priced.

Overpriced and obsolete in a few weeks. I'm still trying to figure out how they're going to make money on the $3B Beats buyout, I'm skeptical.

May 2, 2015 at 10:55 PM Post #1,439 of 1,671

se

Try a few nicer ones Steve, doesn't have to be outrageously expensive. I have a $500 Armani Rose Gold watch and it's been with me everyday for 7 years. Looks smart and gets compliments too. If you're feeling rich, a Tag Heuer Carrera might be more up your alley.

I would feel incomplete with an empty wrist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back