Skeptico Saloon: An Objectivist Joint
May 2, 2015 at 11:20 PM Post #1,443 of 1,671
Try a few nicer ones Steve, doesn't have to be outrageously expensive. I have a $500 Armani Rose Gold watch and it's been with me everyday for 7 years. Looks smart and gets compliments too. If you're feeling rich, a Tag Heuer Carrera might be more up your alley.

I would feel incomplete with an empty wrist.

I feel incomplete without my seatbelt on, but I just can't think of any reason why I would want something on my wrist. I don't wear jewelry either. Call me weird. :p

se

May 3, 2015 at 1:39 AM Post #1,446 of 1,671
I must be getting old, but I don't see the point of those watches.

and gikigill, don't empty your wrist mate! life is worth fighting, don't give up!
ph34r.gif

May 3, 2015 at 3:50 AM Post #1,452 of 1,671
I know we look like we don't want to answer you, but there is no answer because there isn't enough data.

to me it mainly depends on the headphone. with the proper headphone specs, even a cellphone will measure real great. the fun starts when we go into hard to drive stuff, and really easy to drive stuff. both ends are troublesome for the amp section of a DAP and stuff optimized for one end might suck at the other end. so the perfect DAP is most likely BS unless it has a really great amp section. something that strangely enough, some of the most expensive DAPs don't have(ZX2 anyone?).

add to that your own needs for screen size, weight, functions, and most likely you'll end up like me with no clear choice because nothing does all that you want.
I like the sound quality of the X1, and into my amp it's really a great source. but the functionalities...
I like my sony A15 because it's small and I charge it maybe every 10days or so, using it is cool really, but 4ohm and some hiss make it hard for a few of my IEMs(and overall specs aren't amazing). and TBH I preferred the UI of my A867, except that the battery sucks. and those are the DAPs I really like and enjoy using...

I've tried a good deal of DAPs that are a nightmare to use, bugs, no screen, limited file format, super loud hiss, strong roll off in the bass or the trebles on IEMs, did you try the touchscreen on the dx50 when it came out? did you try carrying a colorfly CK4 or a studioV or a X3 near a cellphone? 
looking for the right DAP is a battle for me. and we all have our own preferences, that makes it even less likely to be able to suggest a proper DAP to somebody else.

also I dislike both android and apple for mostly nn audio reasons, so that's a great limit for me.
in the end I use the sony A15 with some etyKid IEMs most of the time ^_^. that's how I roll when I have a pair of jh13 that are still my favorite IEM once EQed and played into my amp. but I'm at a point where good portable sound is a bother more than a pleasure. and the only reason why I'm not using one of my sansa clips, is the battery life of the A15. else rockboxed stuff are really the best.

that's not what you're asking, but I don't have a better answer, measurements just aren't available and the proper amp is a better answer to sound quality than proper DAP.

well i guess the discussion should start from the battery quality of a dap, also run time. Simply physics. : (

ask yourself how much power a good amp (to you) draws and what is going on in these daps

May 3, 2015 at 4:53 AM Post #1,454 of 1,671
iPad Air is on my wish list.
biggrin.gif

se

I just bought one last week. I have about the same amount of attachment to my computers as I do a good screwdriver. Ok I have no problem paying $20 for a screwdriver. 
I opened the box one morning to configure it, and I have to say I did pause and just looked at it, turning it, feeling the weight. It is so thin both heavy and light at the same time a seamless fusion of glass and aluminum. It is half the thickness of any other tablet I have,and crazy fast at tasks. Apple's obsession with thinness drives me crazy, I would rather have twice the battery life and thicker. But looking at the air you start to wonder how does thing even have a battery, let alone electronics in it.

May 3, 2015 at 5:22 AM Post #1,455 of 1,671
I am seeking both peace of mind and sound quality. I have always preferred gear that is transparent and as a result turns out to measure well. 

Plus I would like a change away from my sansa clip plus when I am travelling.

You're almost there. Sansa clip plus = sound quality. Bigger screen = Sansa Fuze. Stop worrying = peace of mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back