Skateboard-Fi
Jul 8, 2013 at 8:20 PM Post #241 of 261

Just tell me if you want more
beerchug.gif

siiiick, always wanted to get into cruising/dancing. What campus is this at?

Jul 9, 2013 at 5:06 AM Post #242 of 261
Aug 6, 2013 at 6:15 PM Post #243 of 261
Has anyone here tried one of these? http://www.boostedboards.com/

It's kinda neat, but 1300 bucks? For a longskate? They're going to have a hard time selling these...

Aug 7, 2013 at 9:45 AM Post #244 of 261
That is just crazy, I remember my Dirt Surfer was $699.00 retail when I got mine and you could buy tweaks IE: Exhaust, Throttle bodies with better carbs and get them up to 28 to 33 MPH depending on your weight. Everything seems to be way too expensive these days then again maybe I'm just getting old
eek.gif
 LOL
I went Native on this one
cool.gif

Aug 7, 2013 at 7:29 PM Post #245 of 261
Quote:
That is just crazy, I remember my Dirt Surfer was $699.00 retail when I got mine and you could buy tweaks IE: Exhaust, Throttle bodies with better carbs and get them up to 28 to 33 MPH depending on your weight. Everything seems to be way too expensive these days then again maybe I'm just getting old
eek.gif
 LOL
I went Native on this one
cool.gif

Cool board !
beerchug.gif

The thing that I don't understand about the boosted board is the market they're looking at.

The average longskater (like me) won't buy because it's just way too expensive compared to a "normal" longskate (we are talking about a 1K increase).

The average joe that happens to commute everyday will quickly find out that for that kind of dough you can get a VERY nice urban/hybrid bike fully equipped with racks, fenders, paniers etc, AND a great longskate à la Loaded for the very last meters.

Don't get me wrong, I really like the idea behind it. I also happen to appreciate the engineering process that they had to went through and if I were rich I'd certainly buy it just for the sake of it being cool and to support those guys.

I just don't see who they're going to sell those boards to.

Oct 11, 2013 at 5:45 PM Post #248 of 261
Cool Board !

What are those trucks?

Oct 12, 2013 at 6:50 AM Post #250 of 261
Have you ever compared those to Paris 180's?

Oct 12, 2013 at 8:13 AM Post #251 of 261
Have you ever compared those to Paris 180's?

Yes, The bears are more durable (looking and feeling at least) are stabler for higher speeds downhill and if you flip the hanger around it changes the feel to be either more carvy and fun or more lean and restricted(better for downhill). The Paris is a more 'fun' feeling truck that is better for carving and lower speed freeriding because of the bushing seat. It is more responsive in turning making it fun at lower speeds but can be twitchy once you get up there.

Sorry if I'm bad at describing but that's how they are IMO. I think if you are just doing some carving and low(ish) speed freeriding, the Paris is better and for downhill and more all around Id go grizzly.

Oct 25, 2013 at 9:52 PM Post #252 of 261
Sep 29, 2014 at 2:24 PM Post #253 of 261
This thread needs resurrected!
lol here's my current setup:
42"x8.5" dregs fiberslide 101 dropthrough w/minilogo clear griptape
184mm caliber 44 trucks
90a hairy bushings
70mm 80a white owl wheels
abec 7 funbox bearings

Here's pics of it when it was new :D

Sep 29, 2014 at 2:54 PM Post #254 of 261
  This thread needs resurrected!
lol here's my current setup:
42"x8.5" dregs fiberslide 101 dropthrough w/minilogo clear griptape
184mm caliber 44 trucks
90a hairy bushings
70mm 80a white owl wheels
abec 7 funbox bearings

Here's pics of it when it was new :D

Nice Indie, glad you resurrected this thread as I have a brand new deck as well but it's just going to be a wall hanger. 

Came with my new bike
bigsmile_face.gif

This is the deck I've been riding for the last 10 years
wink_face.gif

Most boarders turn their noses up at my motorized (33cc Weed-eater) machine but I have a blast on it. Unfortunately I have had to fully maintain it now that Viza stopped making them, seems they have been outlawed
rolleyes.gif

Guess I'm going to have to have the wife shoot some new film of me riding mine as this is the last soul surviving clip I can find of these
eek.gif
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CB8v2Yt-hvE   Sorry about the horizontal bop
blink.gif

Sep 29, 2014 at 3:11 PM Post #255 of 261
Sweet! I had a pair of skull candy skull crushers with that exact same santa cruz graphic way back before headfi :wink: Their decks are pretty expensive for decor! I like the star wars ones. That Boba Fett pintail is calling to me :O
Always been interested in mountain boarding, I actually have 2 of them in storage that we rescued from a dumpster. They don't run, but could probably rebuild one of them between the parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back