Skateboard-Fi
Oct 26, 2012 at 8:33 AM Post #211 of 261
once or twice, at my cousins, there is a real longboarding scene where i live, like the one where you slide on your hands.
if is were to try and 'get into' any other type of board it would be a bowl/cruiser board, as it has the best of both worlds for me, big wheels and aerial trick capabilities.

Oct 26, 2012 at 9:15 AM Post #212 of 261
Quote:
 big wheels and aerial trick capabilities.

There you go :wink:

Nov 1, 2012 at 2:16 PM Post #214 of 261
Quote:
the slide with one leg out looks kind of cool

Yep. The board seems pretty nice too, but probably a little too stiff for my taste..

Dec 7, 2012 at 12:39 AM Post #216 of 261

So I did end up selling that Frankie Hill Clint Eastwood deck I had, I found out Cease and Desist did not have the permission from Frankie Hill after I browsed over to his site and saw him ripping them all nasty! Sold it for $20 profit and bought myself this little baby, Jay Adams Z-Flex. I have a pair of shoes that will not lose any grip on the bottom and with the tape that came on this, it was just too much for my liking, too stiff. I cut that baby up and like it way better now, lets me slide my feet a lot easier.

Dec 7, 2012 at 6:02 AM Post #217 of 261
Quote:

So I did end up selling that Frankie Hill Clint Eastwood deck I had, I found out Cease and Desist did not have the permission from Frankie Hill after I browsed over to his site and saw him ripping them all nasty! Sold it for $20 profit and bought myself this little baby, Jay Adams Z-Flex. I have a pair of shoes that will not lose any grip on the bottom and with the tape that came on this, it was just too much for my liking, too stiff. I cut that baby up and like it way better now, lets me slide my feet a lot easier.

Cool Board ! 

What kind of wheels?

Dec 7, 2012 at 6:29 AM Post #218 of 261
Arbor Fish koa (4 years old), gullwing chargers with khiro bushings :

Neversummer Heist classic flex, paris 180's, bones swiss ceramics and purple orangatang in heats :

And some of my hardware :

B.T.W.: some of the wheels above are for sale, pm me if you're interested.

Dec 7, 2012 at 10:16 PM Post #219 of 261
It's got 63mm 78A z-smooth wheels

Z-flex has the P.O.P series and have a new mini-cruiser, it's shorter, looks pretty rad, I'm kinda tempted now

Jun 21, 2013 at 4:12 PM Post #221 of 261
Now that I've gotten old and fat this is what I ride, 33cc powered Dirt Surfer
wink_face.gif

Jun 21, 2013 at 4:38 PM Post #222 of 261
Quote:
Now that I've gotten old and fat this is what I ride, 33cc powered Dirt Surfer
wink_face.gif

That looks funny, how does it ride?

Jun 21, 2013 at 4:57 PM Post #223 of 261
Takes a little while to get used to but you can (or should I say could) customize it like crazy before John Law outlawed them and Viza stopped production. You can probably pull up some you tube stuff on them and possibly find some footage at Viza.com, you can vary handling with tighter springs on the trucks especially if you like going all out on street surface. With carb, throttle body and exhaust mods I have it up to about 27/8MPH with my 220Lbs but if you are under 175Lbs you can get real close to 31MPH and believe me you want a stiff suspension at those speeds to keep from having high speed wobble
eek.gif
 31MPH does not sound really fast but when standing upright it's like (feels anyway) 60

It's actually Vizamotors.com now and if you look under parts & access the Dirt Super comes up as you can still get parts just not a full rig
frown.gif

Jun 21, 2013 at 5:50 PM Post #224 of 261
Quote:
Takes a little while to get used to but you can (or should I say could) customize it like crazy before John Law outlawed them and Viza stopped production. You can probably pull up some you tube stuff on them and possibly find some footage at Viza.com, you can vary handling with tighter springs on the trucks especially if you like going all out on street surface. With carb, throttle body and exhaust mods I have it up to about 27/8MPH with my 220Lbs but if you are under 175Lbs you can get real close to 31MPH and believe me you want a stiff suspension at those speeds to keep from having high speed wobble
eek.gif
 31MPH does not sound really fast but when standing upright it's like (feels anyway) 60

It's actually Vizamotors.com now and if you look under parts & access the Dirt Super comes up as you can still get parts just not a full rig
frown.gif

I've done a 85km/h ride once, on a downhill board. One of the most intense emotion I've ever felt. You feel naked, exposed to the elements. You try to get as low on the board as possible, trying to grab that last moment, to make it last. I was breathless when I got off the board, a few miles down. What an amazing souvenir...

That video sums it well :

It's sad about those power boards, they look like an awful lot of fun...

Jun 23, 2013 at 9:20 PM Post #225 of 261
Some fun skateboard trucks I helped design..

Yes, they are the best.

http://www.peterverdone.com/archive/pvdtrucks.htm

-JG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back