SIX more weeks til the next Heroes?? Ahhh!
Mar 6, 2007 at 7:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

500+ Head-Fier
Just finished watching tonight's ep of Heroes (gotta love DVR!). Loved it all the way through. Lots of suspense and build-up, with the requisite cliffhanger, of course, but then...

A SIX week hiatus? The first break was bad enough, but another one?
frown.gif

They've only been back for a few weeks too. It's gonna be a long six weeks ahead, that's for sure.

On a positive note, it's really nice to have a new show that can provide the same can't-wait-til-next-week feeling that LOST used to provide in its first season and the X-Files did before the whole conspiracy mess took it down the drain.

Mar 6, 2007 at 10:36 AM Post #3 of 24
Is it a good TV show? Worth watching?
Me and my partner are currently watching: House, Ugly Betty, Desperate Housewives, Supernatural, Prison Break, Ghost Whisperer, and South Park.

Mar 6, 2007 at 12:15 PM Post #4 of 24
6 weeks?! NOOO! I love the show, have it in my schedule to download it every tuesday morning. One of my favourite shows.

Mar 6, 2007 at 3:12 PM Post #5 of 24
I hate what's happened to network TV.

Mar 6, 2007 at 3:33 PM Post #6 of 24
Love that new shape-shifter girl! It's a whole new ballgame with her on the dark side.

Yeah, it's tough to have to wait so long for the next ep, especially after such a great cliffhanger. Although, every episode of late has been satisfyingly revealing while also maintaining suspense, to the writers' & producers' credit (unlike an ABC show we all know).

If it means that the subsequent eps will be of equally high quality, I'll gladly take the break with something to look forward to.

Mar 6, 2007 at 4:40 PM Post #7 of 24
I actually can't stand Candice (I think that's the shapeshifter's name). I generally don't like those kind of characters. Never liked them in the comics, don't like them in movies or TV either.

IMO, their abilities are too powerful and unbelievable (if that makes any sense in the context of people who can fly, bend time, etc). An ability like that let's them get away with way too much. Every time I see it, I want to scream "Come on!"

Sylar's starting to get really frightening. I can't believe Mohinder was dumb enough to think some duct tape and an IV drip could stop him.

Mar 6, 2007 at 4:53 PM Post #8 of 24
I do enjoy the show. They story's supposed to conclude by the end of the season, like the way 24 was prior to season 5's ending. Yea, 24 leaves an openning for the following season, but it completes the current story. And Hero's is supposed to be like that, which makes it that much more enjoyable for me. I really want to see what happens with Sylar and Peter.

Is it wrong to think Claire is cute? Actually, screw that. She's almost legal. >=]

Mar 6, 2007 at 4:59 PM Post #9 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by karma /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I actually can't stand Candice (I think that's the shapeshifter's name). I generally don't like those kind of characters. Never liked them in the comics, don't like them in movies or TV either.

IMO, their abilities are too powerful and unbelievable (if that makes any sense in the context of people who can fly, bend time, etc). An ability like that let's them get away with way too much. Every time I see it, I want to scream "Come on!"

Sylar's starting to get really frightening. I can't believe Mohinder was dumb enough to think some duct tape and an IV drip could stop him.

I don't think she can actually shape shift. I'm fairly certain she just creates the illusion of it, as she can also modify her surroundings. Notice when she showed up, Simone's body was missing, then as she shifted back to her original self Simone's body reappeared.

Mar 6, 2007 at 5:01 PM Post #10 of 24
Quote:

i'm not sure how i feel about candice, either...but she may be important later on for peter because he may need to shapeshift down the road...

Quote:

Originally Posted by laxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is it wrong to think Claire is cute? Actually, screw that. She's almost legal. >=]

in "real" life, i think she's almost 20.
wink.gif

Mar 6, 2007 at 5:05 PM Post #11 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by kugino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
in "real" life, i think she's almost 20.
wink.gif

Actually, she's 17.

I feel like a perv knowing that off the top of my head.
frown.gif

Mar 6, 2007 at 5:27 PM Post #12 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by macky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, she's 17.

I feel like a perv knowing that off the top of my head.
frown.gif

Sadly, I knew it too, lol.

I don't think Candice creates illusions. When she kissed Bennet, don't you think he'd realize he wasn't kissing his wife? But instead a mid 20's female? If it's just a visual illusion, then he'd be able to tell a difference physically, be it her lips or putting his arm around her.

And Peter's a b*tch. I understands his powers now and that he baiscally absorbs every power he comes in contact with. Sylar just grabbed him and started cutting his head open. Don't you think he could use some of his powers and push Sylar back and turn invisible?

Mar 6, 2007 at 5:37 PM Post #13 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by laxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sadly, I knew it too, lol.

I don't think Candice creates illusions. When she kissed Bennet, don't you think he'd realize he wasn't kissing his wife? But instead a mid 20's female? If it's just a visual illusion, then he'd be able to tell a difference physically, be it her lips or putting his arm around her.

And Peter's a b*tch. I understands his powers now and that he baiscally absorbs every power he comes in contact with. Sylar just grabbed him and started cutting his head open. Don't you think he could use some of his powers and push Sylar back and turn invisible?

The illusion thing, I believe, is a form of mind control. She implants into people's heads what they see and believe. Kind of like Mastermind from X-Men.
As for Peter not using Sylar's abilities, why else would they cut to the "to be continued" card at that moment?
wink.gif

Mar 6, 2007 at 7:26 PM Post #14 of 24
Yea, could be. Peter annoys me. I think he's a horrible actor and I really dislike the way he speaks. He reminds me of Little Nicky, the character Adam Sandler played.

Mar 6, 2007 at 9:02 PM Post #15 of 24
Quote:

A SIX week hiatus? The first break was bad enough, but another one?
frown.gif

The long hiatus' and mid-season finales are what I hate about tv shows today.

They give us half a season, sometimes with two or three weeks between episodes if not longer, then have a season finale and we've got to wait five months for the rest of the season. Quite lame.

If I didn't know any better I'd say they were trying to annoy the viewers out of watching tv broadcasts in order to bolster dvd sales.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back