Six Moons letters
Oct 20, 2004 at 11:23 PM Post #16 of 137
I suppose it's a matter of interpretation. It seemed to me Mikhail's dipute of the accusations was a footnote to the paragraph. The bulk of the letter dwells on matters I believe have yet to be confirmed/proven. I think omission of certain details until they can be substantiated would've been prudent.

Oct 20, 2004 at 11:24 PM Post #17 of 137
he made an entire review praising the amp, the subject at hand was a contradiction to a statement he made. He should center around the fact he loves the amp, (which he mentions midway) and his opinions, rather then distributing new information?

I still see nothing assumed in his letter, other then the fact he needed to get something off his chest. Patents are public information, if you feel you need to know what happened, go take it upon yourself to find out. Me? I don't care, i just think people are battle for something very foolish. No one asked you to buy his amps, and lots of people love them. If this is the case (any of this) and people changed their minds on singlepower, aren't they just amp poseurs, or need to have people tell them things, in order to form an opinion? Isn't that sort of pathetic and just plain lame?

Oct 20, 2004 at 11:27 PM Post #18 of 137
No, you're missing my point. All I'm saying is Sixmoons should be more discreet about printing accusations/rumors that aren't substantiated as of yet. Perhaps they have been and I'm simply out of the loop. I agree news reporting shouldn't aim to sugar coat issues. I also think news reporting shouldn't state allegations as "fact" (verbatim).

Oct 20, 2004 at 11:27 PM Post #19 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjg
the guy would not have posted this, as a professional journalist, if he didn't have credible sources or viable reasoning.

LOL.
orphsmile.gif
orphsmile.gif
orphsmile.gif

He could have said there was an issue they were looking into without listing hearsay and other highly questionable evidence and then suggesting that he has drawn a conclusion. Put yourself in Mikhail's shoes. Is it possible that the claims are not fair or accurate, and that there is another side to the story? If so, would you be happy with the statement? They could have protected themselves without saying what they said, and that is all I am saying. Sometimes a little discretion is warranted until all the facts are in.

Oct 20, 2004 at 11:33 PM Post #20 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilS
LOL.
orphsmile.gif
orphsmile.gif
orphsmile.gif

He could have said there was an issue they were looking into without listing hearsay and other highly questionable evidence and then suggesting that he has drawn a conclusion. Put yourself in Mikhail's shoes. Is it possible that the claims are not fair or accurate, and that there is another side to the story? If so, would you be happy with the statement? They could have protected themselves without saying what they said, and that is all I am saying. Sometimes a little discretion is warranted until all the facts are in.

I agree he may have said to much, but he does have to cover his butt. After all what happens if I'm lead to buy an MPX3 based on the fact that it's a Class A single ended amp as stated in this review. Well, who is liable? I don't know, but I think this guy has to say that it is under question. Also, he posted his reasoning for not having pictures of the guts and his reasoning is quite possibly incorrect, and I think until it is cleared up he has to cover his butt by saying that it might not be the reason we couldn't use pictures of the guts. Just my opinion.

Oct 20, 2004 at 11:33 PM Post #21 of 137
I'm pretty sure he took the manufacturer's word for much of the things he printed in the review, now he's obviously seen or heard something that has changed his mind or at least given him doubt about what he said. When he "assumes" what you want to hear,that's fine,when he assumes what you don't want to hear,he's a bad guy. The guy gushed all over the MPX3 and that has not changed,what is the real problem?

Oct 20, 2004 at 11:34 PM Post #22 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by Len
I am not clear why he feels comfortable rumor-mongering in a professional publication (things like "the fact that owners of SinglePower amps have been openly threatened" aren't substantiated as far as I know).

Well where do you think Srajan got those ideas from? You guys are all rumor-mongering too.
rolleyes.gif

Oct 20, 2004 at 11:37 PM Post #23 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by Len
No, you're missing my point. All I'm saying is Sixmoons should be more discreet about printing accusations/rumors that aren't substantiated as of yet. Perhaps they have been and I'm simply out of the loop. I agree news reporting shouldn't aim to sugar coat issues. I also think news reporting shouldn't state allegations as "fact" (verbatim).

Really? That's funny, because to me it seems like what Sixmoons learned from this is that they should be more careful about posting product specifications and details without verifying them by inspection.

Oct 20, 2004 at 11:38 PM Post #24 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuberoller
I'm pretty sure he took the manufacturer's word for much of the things he printed in the review, now he's obviously seen or heard something that has changed his mind or at least given him doubt about what he said. When he "assumes" what you want to hear,that's fine,when he assumes what you don't want to hear,he's a bad guy. The guy gushed all over the MPX3 and that has not changed,what is the real problem?

He really shouldn't have assumed anything at all. You're trying to polarize people's stances.

If the manufacturer states an amp is Class A, and such information can not be validated at the time of press, the responsible thing to do is publish it as a manufacturer statement. You don't state unsubstantiated information as fact.

Oct 20, 2004 at 11:39 PM Post #25 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomek
Really? That's funny, because to me it seems like what Sixmoons learned from this is that they should be more careful about posting product specifications and details without verifying them by inspection.

Yes, I fully agree. They really should be more careful. Read my post above.

Oct 20, 2004 at 11:40 PM Post #26 of 137
Quote:

What is the real problem? Don't know. I guess it's me.

Oct 20, 2004 at 11:42 PM Post #27 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by jefemeister
Well where do you think Srajan got those ideas from? You guys are all rumor-mongering too.
rolleyes.gif

Again, I fully agree. It's one of the things I've been vocal about. I know I'm not gaining many fans here by doing so; I have been civil and respectful in my responses, and that's the best I can promise.

Oct 20, 2004 at 11:42 PM Post #28 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by Len
He really shouldn't have assumed anything at all. You're trying to polarize people's stances.

If the manufacturer states an amp is Class A, and such information can not be validated at the time of press, the responsible thing to do is publish it as a manufacturer statement. You don't state unsubstantiated information as fact.

Niether you nor I know what Sixmoons has seen as evidence. That we do know is that he assumed then and is likely assuming now. How is this polarizing? He assumed in both cases and assumption is his fault,not mine.

So what you're saying is,it's Ok to publish the Manufacturer's unsubstantiated facts but not his own. Yes,that makes sense.

Oct 20, 2004 at 11:44 PM Post #29 of 137
Quote:

Yeah, this guy 'took the manufacturer's word for the design and patents on these amps' and now 'he is taking the whistleblowers' word regarding the claimed fallacy of SinglePower's claims..' This guy obviously takes a lot of things on face value.. or so it seems.

Sixmoons reviewer said he 'felt' that the MPX3 he reviewed sounded better than a competing amp.. I believe he didn't say he 'assumed' that the MPX3 was superior..

All that said, I can understand that Srajan Ebaen was trying to play safe to avoid legal troubles.

Oct 20, 2004 at 11:46 PM Post #30 of 137
Quote:

The problem is that it is quite a coincidence that he posts this letter at the same time the other Singlepower thread is going. Of coursce there is a connection between the two. I tell you what, I think I would enjoy taking the depositions under oath of a few people right now.

He makes statements about what others have told him and accepts it as accurate, again making Mikhail guilty until proven innocent. That is b*** s***. I am not journalism expert but I believe publishing that letter and the unfounded accusations of sources that are not named is pretty irresponsible. This just smells like a witch hunt and is unfortunate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back