SIVGA PHOENIX OPEN BACK WOOD DYNAMIC
Jul 14, 2020 at 3:46 PM Post #16 of 185
They do many things right but the fit kills my ears, they needs to make the pads deeper.

Jul 14, 2020 at 6:58 PM Post #17 of 185
They do many things right but the fit kills my ears, they needs to make the pads deeper.
If they fit me I would have kept them. Needs bigger cups and have deeper pads. Great build quality, relatively cheap, and sounded great.

Jul 14, 2020 at 7:07 PM Post #18 of 185
If they fit me I would have kept them. Needs bigger cups and have deeper pads. Great build quality, relatively cheap, and sounded great.

Yea i think if the release another it should have a 100mm-105mm cup and pads like zmf. So much potential there!
If they release a deeper pad as an add-on then that might work for this but I think they need to go big as the driver is good.

Jul 16, 2020 at 11:31 AM Post #20 of 185
Could someone who owns the headphones remove the pads and take a picture? I'm curious to see if driver is angled and about baffle design in general.

I've ordered the Phoenix but it might take two months before I get mine.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2020 at 2:11 AM Post #25 of 185
Hmm. I'm a little concerned about my purchase. I just hate hearing headphones that lack solid bass. I still like a more balanced sound overall but have been disappointed in the bass presence of some IEM's and headphones I've heard lately. I don't think it's fair to say someone who cares about good sound and quality audio reproduction can't enjoy solid bass response. I agree a v shaped tuning appeals more more broadly but I'm hoping someday to find something with a nicer balanced headphone with solid visceral bass when called for. I've heard good things about planars but to me the timbre is strange. I guess I prefer the timbre of a dynamic as I basically listen to music with acoustic instruments. Saxophones, pianos, etc. And the planars I've tried sound a little off to me. I don't know. I'll keep looking!
so you didn't like the bass on the Phoenix???

Jul 24, 2020 at 2:12 AM Post #26 of 185
I also ordered one will have it tomorrow. If it sounds good will go about getting a balanced cable.

It definitely looks the part and that unboxing/bass video by no theme sounded good to me.

I recently had a 880 600 ohm balanced so will be interesting to see how it stacks up.
what do you think about them??? can you share your comments please.

Jul 24, 2020 at 5:01 PM Post #28 of 185
If you give me exact dimensions I can see if we have a Dekoni pad that would fit your needs.
ZeosPantera already have the Phoenix maybe you can contact him also, he loves dekoni pads.

Jul 26, 2020 at 8:56 PM Post #29 of 185
I greatly enjoy my DT 1990s and have been looking for something a little... tamer... to complement them. Came across the review for these and figured why not, so snagged a pair. The Elegia sale is also going on so I got a pair of those too. Should be interesting to compare the 3.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2020 at 11:55 PM Post #30 of 185
I picked these up last week as well. Still waiting for delivery. Tried the Sivga P-II but sent it back about a week and a half ago - didn't much care for it. My set had some very peaky upper mid, low treble areas that drove me bananas. Figured I try these Phoenixes so we'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back