Singxer SU-6
Jul 21, 2019 at 5:22 PM Post #61 of 1,018
Another SU-6 has been ordered and will be coming to my room in one or two weeks. I can't wait to get up to DSD 128 from its aes/ebu out. IS2 will have to wait until the next DAC upgrade.

Thanks for all prior thoughts and reviews.

Update 1: Well I was wrong. Order placed on Sunday, received a text message Monday that informed me DHL delivery will take place Wednesday, super quick Shenzhen Audio. Can't wait to find out and keep everyone posted.

Update 2: DHL delivered today Tuesday instead of scheduled Wednesday, do it took 1 day for shipping and 2 days from order time to deliver. Amazingly fast.

Out of the box, it sounds good, complementing my current gear. DSD appeared to play but no sound, only hissing audible. Otherwise, hires up to 24/192 played fine.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2019 at 9:34 AM Post #64 of 1,018
I ordered one on Sunday 7/21, scheduled to deliver Wednesday 7/24, actually arrived Tuesday 7/23. Super quick! Well packaged, excellent condition.

Due to the summer heat, it's been on/off and playing approximately 3 hours a day. Not having an IS2 DAC yet, it's connected to PureDAC mk2 via AES/EBU. HDPLEX 200W feeds 7.5v. Driver installed on Windows Server 2019 Core with ease. Sounding darn pretty good.

It's been here essentially only 20 hours only, but so far getting better and better. It's everything Whodiini and others positively reported. Here's my added two cents: it MAY BE a bit shiny on lesser recordings but absolutely musical on decent albums. Even when playing lesser recordings, it's so revealing that the seemingly added brightness appears a plus, a meaningful extension to the highs.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2019 at 4:35 PM Post #65 of 1,018
Here's my added two cents: it MAY BE a bit shiny on lesser recordings but absolutely musical on decent albums. Even when playing lesser recordings, it's so revealing that the seemingly added brightness appears a plus, a meaningful extension to the highs.
It's definitely bright and has a lot of treble energy before burning in. It evens out and becomes more organic with a few hundred hours of burn in.

Jul 29, 2019 at 4:54 PM Post #66 of 1,018
Last edited:
Jul 31, 2019 at 10:55 AM Post #67 of 1,018
@PeterCraig Thanks for the review link. I can agree with the review conclusions. With my Audio GD DACs I can hear the SU-1 (F1) vs. SU-6 differences. Silkier highs, less vocal sibilance, and more liquid with SU-6. For the record the SU-1 and F1 sound about the same on my system. I still use the F1 almost daily with Windows audio. But the SU-6 (or Gustard U16) for music play.

Jul 31, 2019 at 7:40 PM Post #69 of 1,018
It is for me: enjoying the increased SQ (separation, depth, detailes, dynamics, bass and high extensions) via AES/EBU now, ready for potential upgrading to IS2 DAC/DSD512. Mozart's complete wind concertos have never sounded so good. Ditto for Best Audiophile Voices. Although they're both 16/44.1 recordings, SU-6 doesn't make me miss DSD a bit. And the SU-6 has been here for less than 10 days, on and off.

No push, you pull the trigger yourself.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2019 at 12:01 AM Post #72 of 1,018
In Chrome wait for the page to finish loading then the Chrome menu should include a Translate choice. Not sure about iphone.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2019 at 9:47 PM Post #74 of 1,018
The Singxer arrived today. Had already installed the Windows driver so just had to hook it up and start playing music.

Now the dreaded burn-in period begins. But for sure I have a whole new improved system, I can tell that it's a major upgrade already.

What was interesting is when I swapped power cables. I didn't notice when I first hooked everything up that there was a power cable in the box so I decided to use that one as nothing fancy is required there. I just turned the amp volume down, got under my table to do the switch, and when I had emerged the Singxer was still playing music, the capacitor hadn't drained. That made me smile.

Aug 6, 2019 at 10:27 PM Post #75 of 1,018
Congrats! The SU-6 has been here for 2 weeks (off and on), and it's definitely a keeper. Playing a redbook ARCHIV Mozart No. 40 and 41 albulm, I asked myself why bother thinking of getting an IS2 DSD DAC. I'm amazed at the details, dynamics, and depth the setup is now sounding. DSD via IS2 will surely be better, but the SU-6 has already made me happier, much so, even on decent 16/44.1 material. Super capacitor is a nice plus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back