Singxer SA-1 Questions
Feb 16, 2021 at 3:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Jamil

Head-Fier
I just received a new Singxer SA-1 today that I am using right now to drive Beyerdynamic T1s. This unit replaced the Little Dot SE8 that failed last year.

The Singxer works without issue, but I have no documentation whatsoever for it. I originally thought it lacked power, but there are gain dip switches under it. I turned them all on, and now I am receiving decent power from it. Does anyone know of any reference material for this unit? Why so many dip switches? Should I have turned them all on? There are two channels with four gain dip switches...

Feb 16, 2021 at 4:11 PM Post #2 of 5
It seems that turning all four dip switches on is maximum gain. I will have to experiment to figure out proper settings unless someone has already done this. I have the volume turned less than one quarter toward max well below 50%, and it is a comfortable listening level driving 600 ohm balanced headphones. It actually sounds very good too.

Mar 18, 2021 at 1:11 AM Post #5 of 5
Why so many dip switches? Should I have turned them all on? There are two channels with four gain dip switches...
Their answer is putting the gain switches directly at the amplifiers is the simplest, cleanest, most efficient way to do it.
It's also the cheapest, of course. But for the previous reasons, I like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back