Singxer SA-1 / Balanced Amplifier Fully Discrete Class A - beyond THX 888 ?!
Oct 17, 2023 at 9:15 PM Post #2,356 of 2,563
My setup with the SA-1 is to use low gain because I don't want to stress the amp using high gain and also the gain switches are below the unit which is cumbersome. I use the SA-1 with the gustard p16 preamp and this give me more headroom with the volume. I max the SA-1 volume and only play around with the preamp's volume knob.

Oct 19, 2023 at 8:15 AM Post #2,357 of 2,563
A new product has arrived - a headphone amplifier Aune S17 pro.
I thought to compare it with my Singxer SA-1 and leave the one that will be better.
However, it turned out to be very simple to compare - right out of the box, Aune S17 pro sounds a level better than Singxer.
All of my headphones - Arya, Thekk, DC Ether С Flow received a new sound quality with this amplifier.

Arya sounds completely different now.
Lightness is gone. Increased accuracy. The background on which the music sounds has become much more "dark".
The basses have become better formed and deeper.

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2023 at 12:30 AM Post #2,358 of 2,563
For sure. Pretty much everything influences the sound on this amp at least somewhat. High gain vs low gain, Hi-Z vs Lo-Z, RCA in vs XLR in, SE out vs balanced out, etc. Not to mention all the possible combinations of all these configurations. Balanced in and balanced out is pretty universally regarded as sounding the best of the I/O configurations, so Gain and Z are really the only two worth fiddling with, but if you really want to go nuts finding the perfect configuration for you, you've got a lot to work with.
So true. Just yesterday, I was just trying out some different XLR and RCA interconnects using my Singxer amp. Every single one of those cables and cable types had a noticeable effect on what I was hearing. Because this amp seems to be so responsive to subtle tweaks and upstream gear, I'm starting to think it's time I invest in a proper DDC (I'm feeding the upstream DAC with a PC via USB) and some decent interconnects.

Nov 16, 2023 at 7:12 PM Post #2,359 of 2,563
Great to read people are still liking their SA1.

I am too still using mine and haven't even thought about changing it since i bought it.

Now i am thinking about adding speakers to my desktop setup, using the sa1 as a preamp. However, my sa1 is connected to my dac via xlr, and the speaker amp i am looking to buy only has rca inputs. Is it possible to input xlr into the sa1 and output rca?

Nov 16, 2023 at 7:30 PM Post #2,360 of 2,563
Great to read people are still liking their SA1.

I am too still using mine and haven't even thought about changing it since i bought it.

Now i am thinking about adding speakers to my desktop setup, using the sa1 as a preamp. However, my sa1 is connected to my dac via xlr, and the speaker amp i am looking to buy only has rca inputs. Is it possible to input xlr into the sa1 and output rca?
I think it doesn't matter the input to be rca or xlr, at the preout, both rca and xlr will have output, if I'm not mistaken.

Nov 16, 2023 at 7:51 PM Post #2,361 of 2,563
I know a piece of gear is good when I don't have the itch to come here and check new gear. Still fully enjoying my SA-1. In fact, I think I will be upgrading my headphones to a HE1KSE, but still use the SA-1 to drive it.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2023 at 2:11 AM Post #2,362 of 2,563
Having an issue with my SA-1 today. Turn on the unit to use like normal, but the indicatior light just stayed on red and wouldn't change to blue with no sound coming out of the unit. Anybody know how to fix this. I already try to power cycle it by turning it off and unplugging it.

Nov 25, 2023 at 5:57 AM Post #2,363 of 2,563
Having an issue with my SA-1 today. Turn on the unit to use like normal, but the indicatior light just stayed on red and wouldn't change to blue with no sound coming out of the unit. Anybody know how to fix this. I already try to power cycle it by turning it off and unplugging it.
Refer to the manual https://www.kitsunehifi.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/SingxerSA-1handbook_V10.pdf

On the 2nd page...
1700909829016.png

Nov 25, 2023 at 6:23 PM Post #2,366 of 2,563
Tried this it just stays red after flashing blue.

I have you tried the above but with everything unplugged to eliminate a external short.

Nov 25, 2023 at 8:01 PM Post #2,368 of 2,563
Is it still under warranty? I backed out of buying a used SA-1 because of this intermittent problem. I believe it has to be shipped back to China.

I could handle the shipping cost back under warranty, but not shipping back and forth, plus the repairs.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2023 at 11:04 PM Post #2,370 of 2,563

Users who are viewing this thread

Back