Singxer SA-1 / Balanced Amplifier Fully Discrete Class A - beyond THX 888 ?!
Feb 9, 2021 at 8:54 AM Post #46 of 2,563
So far I find that the USB cable makes less difference than the interconnect and less difference than the power cords.... but that's just me. I have received my Beyerdynamic XLR balanced cable for my T1.3 headphones. It makes a very nice difference in clarity and soundstage compared to single ended connection, which was darker and more congested.
6003E3CF-ADD0-45AC-BD20-9C77FAE7993F.jpeg

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2021 at 1:03 PM Post #47 of 2,563
So far I find that the USB cable makes less difference than the interconnect and less difference than the power cords.... but that's just me. I have received my Beyerdynamic XLR balanced cable for my T1.3 headphones. It makes a very nice difference in clarity and soundstage compared to single ended connection, which was darker and more congested.
6003E3CF-ADD0-45AC-BD20-9C77FAE7993F.jpeg
That looks like a great-sounding system. I notice "44.1K" on the display. If you are running Windows 10, you can upscale the USB output via Windows Control Panel. I have mine set to 24 bit, 192000 Hz. It's in the advanced properties for your device.

Feb 9, 2021 at 1:17 PM Post #48 of 2,563
That looks like a great-sounding system. I notice "44.1K" on the display. If you are running Windows 10, you can upscale the USB output via Windows Control Panel. I have mine set to 24 bit, 192000 Hz. It's in the advanced properties for your device.

Thanks for the info, I was listening to a Flac from a cd rip. With other dacs I found that upsampling was becoming softer and more mellow. I'll try with the SDA-6 if it improves the sound.

Feb 9, 2021 at 11:27 PM Post #49 of 2,563
This upsampling not perfect, I upsample with ROON or Hqplayer

Feb 14, 2021 at 11:52 AM Post #50 of 2,563
If any of you own both A90 and SA-1 did you really notice any difference? Like punchiness etc... Is it worth the "upgrade" from A90 to SA-1? I'm seriously thinking about getting new amp like Gustard H16 or this Singxer SA-1

Thanks in advance

Feb 14, 2021 at 11:58 AM Post #51 of 2,563
If any of you own both A90 and SA-1 did you really notice any difference? Like punchiness etc... Is it worth the "upgrade" from A90 to SA-1? I'm seriously thinking about getting new amp like Gustard H16 or this Singxer SA-1

Thanks in advance
If you want to use it with balance, just get SA-1. Few people had SA-1 and A90 and they prefer SA-1. Other thing it is build better from design point of view

Feb 14, 2021 at 12:49 PM Post #52 of 2,563

Thanks in advance
Yes, I own Topping A90 and Singxer SA-1. I quit using the A90 as the high frequencies became annoying; strings in classical music didn't sound right. I really like the SA-1, and feel it outperforms its price. My review is posted at Drop.com.

Mar 6, 2021 at 1:19 PM Post #54 of 2,563
Hi guys, Hows the driving power on a high impedemce heaphone like the zmf. 300ohms, please share.

Thank you
I don't have a high-impedance headphone, however the SA-1 actually has an impedance switch (Hi-Z / Low-Z), in addition to its Low-Gain / High-Gain switches, so it ought to be fine with high-impedance headphones.

Mar 6, 2021 at 1:39 PM Post #55 of 2,563
I don't have a high-impedance headphone, however the SA-1 actually has an impedance switch (Hi-Z / Low-Z), in addition to its Low-Gain / High-Gain switches, so it ought to be fine with high-impedance headphones.
Thanks. Its features seem rather eccentric from what i have been reading. do you think that a dac like schitt bifrost 2 will be a good match for it?

Mar 6, 2021 at 3:22 PM Post #56 of 2,563
Thanks. Its features seem rather eccentric from what i have been reading. do you think that a dac like schitt bifrost 2 will be a good match for it?
Yes, I think a Bifrost 2 and SA-1 should work very well together.

Mar 7, 2021 at 1:52 AM Post #57 of 2,563
Hi guys, Hows the driving power on a high impedemce heaphone like the zmf. 300ohms, please share.

Thank you
ZMF Auteur sound amazing on this amp, tons of power on reserve and sound is ever so slightly warm but, great bass control and details

Also Thieaudio Monarch are heavenly. 4.4mm output, low Z / low gain absolutely zero noise

this is from SA-1 Manual and hopefully it clears up the low / high Z differences

"The low-impedance output impedance is 1.4 ohms (balanced) and 0.7 ohms (single-ended); the high-impedance output impedance is 11.4 ohms (balanced) and 10.7 ohms (single-ended). This mode is only valid in the headamp mode. In the PRE output, the single-ended impedance is 22.5 ohms, and the balanced impedance is 45 ohms"

Mar 7, 2021 at 6:04 PM Post #58 of 2,563
Has anyone in here had the chance to compare the SA-1 to either of the Liquid GoldX or Platinum amps? I've been considering one of those for a while, but apparently this amp shares some similarities?

Mar 7, 2021 at 6:29 PM Post #59 of 2,563
Has anyone in here had the chance to compare the SA-1 to either of the Liquid GoldX or Platinum amps? I've been considering one of those for a while, but apparently this amp shares some similarities?
I haven't heard either of the Cavalli Audio amps you mentioned, but if considering that price range, you might consider the Burson Soloist 3X. Of the amps I now own, I would rank them in the following order. The Burson outclasses the others by a considerable margin, even though I really like the Singxer too.
1. Burson Soloist 3X
2. Singxer SA-1
3. HeadAmp GS-X Mini
4. Topping A90

Mar 7, 2021 at 7:20 PM Post #60 of 2,563
I haven't heard either of the Cavalli Audio amps you mentioned, but if considering that price range, you might consider the Burson Soloist 3X. Of the amps I now own, I would rank them in the following order. The Burson outclasses the others by a considerable margin, even though I really like the Singxer too.
1. Burson Soloist 3X
2. Singxer SA-1
3. HeadAmp GS-X Mini
4. Topping A90
I’m somewhat hesitant about blind buying amps, since I’ve usually been disappointed with them, including an early Burson in the last - but haven’t heard that one specifically.
Ive heard the original Cavalli amps and liked them in part due to the added body/low end they gave fx. My HD800... which is why I was looking at the SA-1 and have been steering clear of the THX amps and Topping A90 since I suspect they’d be too bright or at best just boring straight wire with gain

Users who are viewing this thread

Back