Singxer SA-1 / Balanced Amplifier Fully Discrete Class A - beyond THX 888 ?!
Mar 7, 2021 at 7:31 PM Post #61 of 2,563
If you have HD660S try it, it may sound a lot better than iDSD BL ( as per your signature :)
Better yes, but I like the BL and 660S with my laptop and mobile :) if I'm using SA-1 it's with HE-6se for the most part.

Mar 7, 2021 at 7:34 PM Post #62 of 2,563
Has anyone in here had the chance to compare the SA-1 to either of the Liquid GoldX or Platinum amps? I've been considering one of those for a while, but apparently this amp shares some similarities?
Very different than LP. SA-1 is solid state and LP has tubes. The SA-1's bass is MUCH tighter and the amp is much quicker and more dynamic. LP is more euphoric and has looser bass that helps slam come across a bit more.

Mar 7, 2021 at 7:54 PM Post #63 of 2,563
Very different than LP. SA-1 is solid state and LP has tubes. The SA-1's bass is MUCH tighter and the amp is much quicker and more dynamic. LP is more euphoric and has looser bass that helps slam come across a bit more.
The Liquid Gold is the one I’m leaning more towards too - since I’m generally not into tubes.

Mar 8, 2021 at 7:03 AM Post #64 of 2,563
So far I find that the USB cable makes less difference than the interconnect and less difference than the power cords.... but that's just me. I have received my Beyerdynamic XLR balanced cable for my T1.3 headphones. It makes a very nice difference in clarity and soundstage compared to single ended connection, which was darker and more congested.
6003E3CF-ADD0-45AC-BD20-9C77FAE7993F.jpeg

Hi, I see you have Gustard A18, how it's compare to SDA-6 ? and did you tried other headphone on SA-1 :)

Mar 8, 2021 at 7:05 AM Post #65 of 2,563
I haven't heard either of the Cavalli Audio amps you mentioned, but if considering that price range, you might consider the Burson Soloist 3X. Of the amps I now own, I would rank them in the following order. The Burson outclasses the others by a considerable margin, even though I really like the Singxer too.
1. Burson Soloist 3X
2. Singxer SA-1
3. HeadAmp GS-X Mini
4. Topping A90
Can you elaborate more on Burson Soloist 3X performance compare to SA-1.

Mar 8, 2021 at 12:20 PM Post #66 of 2,563
Hi, I see you have Gustard A18, how it's compare to SDA-6 ? and did you tried other headphone on SA-1 :)
I just tried comparing the A18 against the SDA-6 on the SA-1. The SDA-6 is a much better match for the SA-1 as it exhibits the same sound signature, smooth, musical while being detailed. The A18 with the SA-1 sounds colder, more forward and less musical. Soundstage is smaller also. I have the SDA-6 Pro version with the Mundorf capacitors. I have only tried so far the AKT1P and T1.3 headphones on the SA-1, the T1.3 matches better the sound signature of the Singxer kit. I would be very curious to hear the Denafrips Pontus or Venus DACS with the Artemis headphone amp. I still have a Violectric V100 that I pair with the A18 DAC for a more neutral setup. In an ideal world for my preference I would like a bigger soundstage and better / faster bass control from the SA-1. But for the price zero complaint. I believe the Violectric V280/V281 would match great with the SDA-6. I would also be very curious to try something like the Schiit Bifrost or Gungnir against the SDA-6. I will post comments if I get a chance to try any of these. I have a Modi Multibit in a separate setup but it's not balanced and my better cables are XLR so I have not tried it against the SDA-6.

Mar 8, 2021 at 5:45 PM Post #68 of 2,563
This is the new flavour of the month in amps, the latest on the hype train. I hope miss April has the gain switch back on the front, off position in the center of the switch... But boy, miss march is a honey.

Mar 9, 2021 at 12:44 AM Post #69 of 2,563
I haven't heard either of the Cavalli Audio amps you mentioned, but if considering that price range, you might consider the Burson Soloist 3X. Of the amps I now own, I would rank them in the following order. The Burson outclasses the others by a considerable margin, even though I really like the Singxer too.
1. Burson Soloist 3X
2. Singxer SA-1
3. HeadAmp GS-X Mini
4. Topping A90

I kind of expected the Soloist 3x to be above Singxer on a list given it's almost double the price, but seeing the GSX mini in 3rd is somewhat difficult to compute lol. GSX mini is at the top of my list right now and I'm hoping to find a cheaper alternative, with Soloist being one of those contenders. But your ranking is definitely the highest praise I've seen for it so far!

Mar 9, 2021 at 1:03 AM Post #70 of 2,563
I kind of expected the Soloist 3x to be above Singxer on a list given it's almost double the price, but seeing the GSX mini in 3rd is somewhat difficult to compute lol. GSX mini is at the top of my list right now and I'm hoping to find a cheaper alternative, with Soloist being one of those contenders. But your ranking is definitely the highest praise I've seen for it so far!
Price is not an indicate for a performance especially for a Chinese base company as the have lower cost.
If you want an amp try the SA-1 way cheaper and powerful so the risk is low.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2021 at 2:00 AM Post #71 of 2,563
People like different things. Personally i would never rate amps prowess based on sound signature, but only based on technicalities. You can always eq headphones or just get different ones.
Lots of people like amps with a lot distortion to compensate harshness in a system.

Mar 9, 2021 at 2:19 PM Post #73 of 2,563
I Just bought one of these AMPs. I won't get it until early April due to limited stock, but I'm hoping it brings some life to my Ether CXs.
What DAC you have ? and you should use this amp balance.

Mar 9, 2021 at 4:21 PM Post #75 of 2,563
I Just bought one of these AMPs. I won't get it until early April due to limited stock, but I'm hoping it brings some life to my Ether CXs.
or early june mate, don't create expectations

Users who are viewing this thread

Back