Singxer SA-1 / Balanced Amplifier Fully Discrete Class A - beyond THX 888 ?!
Jun 23, 2021 at 2:29 AM Post #1,126 of 2,587
So I've had this for a few days now. Paired it easily with the DacMagic200M through a balanced connection to the SA-1. Oh man the volume control is nice on this thing, it has a very satisfying turn to it. I'm quite impressed with this amp, it brought with it a nice amount of warmth, detail, and soundstage.

There's been a few moments it just blew my mind. The sheer quality of the bass is thrilling alone. Examples:

"On & On" by Erykah Badu
"Better Together" by Jack Johnson
"Isobel [Family Tree Version]" by Bjork
"Blueberry Yum Yum" by Ludacris (this one makes my ears flap and vibrate. It's chefs kiss

Cons: Not too much difference between high and low gain. Z switch should be on the bottom and gain switch should be on the front. Glaring blue light that can't be dimmed (not really an issue for me).

This is such a sweet amp!

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2021 at 2:30 AM Post #1,127 of 2,587
I ordered a Singxer SA-1 amp on May 21st. They followed through swiftly with a price match (same day). The expected delivery by DHL was June 1st, and I received emails from Apos and DHL on May 22nd that the item was shipped!

On May 24th, Apos notified me that they had done a complementary upgrade of the shipping of my order from Priority Shipping to Express Shipping to get it to me a few days sooner. I was surprised and of course pleased. I emailed my thanks, but also let them know that the DHL tracking showed the order had been stuck on hold and had not advanced from the original location. They responded quickly that the Support Team had alerted the Transportation Manager to look into the DHL delay. I received several more updates until the 27th, when I got emails from both Apos and DHL that the shipment was advancing and DHL said they had experienced a high growth of shipments from Asia-Pacific into the U.S, which had resulted in a slight delay.

I actually got the SA-1 on May 28th. The point of all this is to say that Apos went above and beyond with their responsiveness and communication, and exceeded expectations. I cannot say that about any other vendor that I have dealt with. My thanks to Bob, Darwin, and Sheila of Apos, they are great!

This was my experience as well! First time shopping with Apos and it was a great experience. Super fast shipping!

Jun 23, 2021 at 3:13 AM Post #1,128 of 2,587
So I've had this for a few days now. Paired it easily with the DacMagic200M through a balanced connection to the SA-1. Oh man the volume control is nice on this thing, it has a very satisfying turn to it. I'm quite impressed with this amp, it brought with it a nice amount of warmth, detail, and soundstage.

There's been a few moments it just blew my mind. The sheer quality of the bass is thrilling alone. Examples:

"On & On" by Erykah Badu
"Better Together" by Jack Johnson
"Isobel [Family Tree Version]" by Bjork

Cons: Not too much difference between high and low gain. Z switch should be on the bottom and gain switch should be on the front. Glaring blue light that can't be dimmed (not really an issue for me).

This is such a sweet amp!
If you have Focal Clear MG, you will enjoy a detailed and control bass like no other.
I don't know why but focal headphone enjoy the bass control from this amp. the impedance for the bass region goes to 300 ohm then dip to 80 and not many amp can control this vary well.

Jun 23, 2021 at 5:27 AM Post #1,129 of 2,587
I ordered from ShenzhenAudio, even though it was back ordered it only took a week. If magnahifi can’t give you an ETA cancel and try ShenzhenAudio (they are having a sale right now but not sure if it applies to Singxer)
For me the real question is this: I just asked Shenzen audio through the live chat function if they have it in stock, they said no but that might have it in 3-5 days again, my question is if I can trust that or not, cause from what I heard the EU stores have no clue when it'll be back in stock. I asked if it was a guess or if they had been told this by Singxer, but no reply so far.

Jun 23, 2021 at 6:08 AM Post #1,130 of 2,587
Has anyone else ordered the SA-1 from magnahifi? It said in stock at first but then after I ordered it said backordered :frowning2: How long have you guys been waiting? I talked to one of the owners of Magnahifi and he seemed like a great guy, he said that they hadn't recieved an email response from the guys running the factory for this amp which had been shut down due to covid. Kind of in the dark. Just asking in case some of you have been waiting for like a month or have an idea of how long it'll take, cause I'll be honest I'm fine with 1-2 weeks, 3 is stretching it but I won't wait a month or more cause right now I'm without a dac or amp and am running my headphones off my motherboard *cluthes pearls*.

I ordered mine from MagnaHifi, you can trust them and they can reserve yours, once they get it they tell you inmediately, then you can pay and they ship it inmediately. Here in classifieds you have them in stock for sale.

Jun 23, 2021 at 6:43 AM Post #1,131 of 2,587
Think fries they are great but it's time to ketchup and get with the program....

Bah forgot how small these are will need may magnifier to solder these..
Don't know if letting my 3 year old play with£2000 headphones is great idea..

Googled nearly every win 10 pro audio tweak I could find latency and stability. A real uptick in SQ... Some can be done on a normal desktop this is a dedicated PC via Spotify connect.. for now but another level..... Always room for improvements...
I can’t decide if you are braver for putting those headphones on your 3 year old or doing the DC jumper mod.

Jun 23, 2021 at 6:45 AM Post #1,132 of 2,587
A week and I think for mine I amazoned it but most here said it was silly fast delivery from China..no slow boat..

Some people where asking on face book about the mod. IFI said thier DAC was +_12mv

The wiki says this : as a guide
I hope.this helps.... If you get a figure from your DAC support or measure it yourself....

Screenshot_20210623-093124_Google.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2021 at 6:52 AM Post #1,133 of 2,587
For me the real question is this: I just asked Shenzen audio through the live chat function if they have it in stock, they said no but that might have it in 3-5 days again, my question is if I can trust that or not, cause from what I heard the EU stores have no clue when it'll be back in stock. I asked if it was a guess or if they had been told this by Singxer, but no reply so far.
I bought an X16 and the SA-1 at the same time from ShenzhenAudio. X16 shipped immediately and they told me might be another week on the SA-1. The SA-1 arrived at my door 4 days after the X16. They also just issued a refund down to their sale price on both and were a pleasure to deal with. This was my first time buying from them but my experience was positive and I’d say they are trustworthy. There are going to be circumstances out of their control but they stuck to and beat the ETA on the SA-1 they gave me when I ordered.

Jun 23, 2021 at 6:54 AM Post #1,134 of 2,587
I can’t decide if you are braver for putting those headphones on your 3 year old or doing the DC jumper mod.
Funny as he was randomly nodding.... Slayer... Clair De lune and EDM...

No... I am crazy on both counts... Don't feel pressured by us here but get the info to give you that confidence.. ..
Currawong tried a few so gave me more confidence... Pandora's box has been opened and it need a tx8 or Allen key set... 👍🤔

Jun 24, 2021 at 4:58 AM Post #1,135 of 2,587
This hobby is just crazy people with headphones ..The difference is the Asylum's front door is open with 'All welcome please come in' on the sign...

So small.. I am getting old, this was a pain.. wire hard to strip.. wife came home to find me on the bedroom floor. With my soldering gear so I can do it and watch baby on the camera next door. Not the garage... Got flux on the carpet.. ultra sonic cleaned in 100% IPA and deoxit...

@Muataz How the hell did you do yours so tight... My wire is thick High voltage. Sleeving... You must have tiny Elf fingers😁
Good job sir..👏. 🤜🤛

Attachments

• 20210623_213302.jpg
    20210623_213302.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 25, 2021 at 4:47 AM Post #1,136 of 2,587
I ordered many times from Shenzhenaudio and they never let me down. If anything, they exceeded my expectations. I no longer order chifi items from European distributors because I actually get faster deliveries from Shenzhenaudio. Added bonus is that I have never paid any Customs duties from their shipments; I am in the UK so in other countries the Customs may be more severe.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2021 at 8:35 AM Post #1,137 of 2,587
I ordered many times from Shenzhenaudio and they never let me down. If anything, they exceeded my expectations. I no longer order chifi items from European distributors because I actually get faster deliveries from Shenzhenaudio. Added bonus is that I have never paid any Customs duties from their shipments; I am in the UK so in other countries the Customs may be more severe.

Actually Magnahifi (the NL store I ordered from) said that they are getting a shipment at the end of next week hopefully for anyone else reading this and wondering if an EU store has it in stock. I'd wait and call them later next week to find out.

As for the import tax that's cause you're not in the EU, we however do need to dish out an extra 25%. Man I am so freaking amped to get this amp. Yes I went there.

Jun 26, 2021 at 11:20 AM Post #1,139 of 2,587
Actually Magnahifi (the NL store I ordered from) said that they are getting a shipment at the end of next week hopefully for anyone else reading this and wondering if an EU store has it in stock. I'd wait and call them later next week to find out.

As for the import tax that's cause you're not in the EU, we however do need to dish out an extra 25%. Man I am so freaking amped to get this amp. Yes I went there.

I ordered mine from them too, you can trust them, very reliable and answer by WhatsApp. The carry also hifiman all the singxer line and other stuff too. Great to have some reliable resellers like them in EU. Hope they get more stuff to sell. Netherlands has very good logistics, and customer service here is better than anywhere, much better than Germany. Klanten is Konig, they say here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back