Singlepower & UK headfi-ers
Sep 9, 2009 at 12:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

jatinder

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all,

If you're owed money/amps etc from SinglePower and you're in the UK - then please PM me as I have some information that may be of some help to you.

--Jatinder

Sep 9, 2009 at 7:06 PM Post #3 of 9
Hi,

If you paid for any part of your transaction with a UK credit card, then the entire amount is covered by the consumer credit act and the sale of goods act in the UK. Using these pieces of legislation, you can receive a refund of the money already paid to SinglePower.

This will apply if, for instance you paid for goods that

- haven't arrived
- arrived but either don't work or are not as advertised
- arrived and worked - but broke down in a manner covered by the sale of goods act (eg didn't last long enough or were very poor quality)

The legislation applies for 6 years after the purchase date.

In my case, I received a qualia headband which broke the instant I put it on my head. After some to-ing & fro-ing, I eventually sent it back to SP - over a year ago. It's now 2 years since I paid for the headband and I have now received a full refund from my credit card provider.

This should help other UK headfi-ers get some of their money back.

--Jatinder

Sep 10, 2009 at 12:23 PM Post #4 of 9
Do you think this would cover the goods being dangerous to operate? I guess it would be difficult to prove?

Sep 10, 2009 at 1:10 PM Post #5 of 9
You'd probably need to check your consumer laws for that. In Australia at least, there's a "not fit for purpose" clause which might apply, for example.

Sep 10, 2009 at 1:45 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by peelax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you think this would cover the goods being dangerous to operate? I guess it would be difficult to prove?

Hi Peelax,

Yes, in the UK, you can use the Sale of Goods act for this - although you will probably have to have the amp confirmed as dangerous by Trading Standards.

--Jatinder

Sep 10, 2009 at 2:03 PM Post #7 of 9
^^by the looks of some of the pictures of dangerously under-specced amps; I dont think that would be a problem

Sep 10, 2009 at 2:04 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by jatinder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In my case, I received a qualia headband which broke the instant I put it on my head.

that seems reasonable for something that costs $3500.
confused_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back