Singlepower Supra or Kevin Gilmore Blue Hawaii
Jan 16, 2006 at 7:33 PM Post #16 of 21
I haven't heard the combo but some say the Raptor makes a pretty good match with the L3000's.

Jan 16, 2006 at 11:27 PM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer
FWIW the BH puts out a TON of heat, moreso than any amp I've ever seen, way more than a KGSS.

I bet the DynaMight will put up a good fight.
smily_headphones1.gif
I'm sure Dr. Gilmore will release something that'll make these amps seem like nothing in the future though.
biggrin.gif

off to check my Blue Hawaii's power draw with the kill-a-watt thingy... be back in a bit.

got 172 watts. doubt you can do a barbeque over it though since the heat is spread out over a decent area and it doesn't reach those kinds of temps.
tongue.gif

Jan 16, 2006 at 11:45 PM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by ayt999
off to check my Blue Hawaii's power draw with the kill-a-watt thingy... be back in a bit.

got 172 watts. doubt you can do a barbeque over it though since the heat is spread out over a decent area and it doesn't reach those kinds of temps.
tongue.gif

Wow, that makes my Dynahi look like nothing at "only" 62 Watts
biggrin.gif

Feb 4, 2006 at 10:30 AM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken36
Would a tricked out $2500 Singlepower Supra amping the Ath-L3000 be a better investment and sound than the venerable Blue Hawaii/Stax Omega 2 combo?

I am likely selling this venerable combo soon if you or anyone is interested. My KGBH is a special version with matching outboard PSU.

Dec 4, 2020 at 1:05 PM Post #20 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by ayt999

tongue.gif

Wow, that makes my Dynahi look like nothing at "only" 62 Watts
biggrin.gif
I think that's just the consequence of having a class A amp (on 100% all the time) -- but the class A amps have a really special sound)
jeff

Dec 8, 2020 at 8:18 AM Post #21 of 21
Singlepower Supra and the Audio Technica ATH-L3000 are indeed very good combo I still have my L3000 after so many years, but I am sure the Chord dave + Utopia or Carbon+009 combo is better in todays standard.
apparently the Supra is so hot and people having it blew up like a bomb...this is before we have so many top tier amp around. 530volt into 450V capacitors (photo from internet)
1607433770974.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back