Singlepower SS1. Pics. and impressions.
Apr 28, 2007 at 4:17 PM Post #31 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice..
basshead.gif
What area of SJ?

Where you at the meet? I work out of an office at the Radisson. I like being at that property b/c my staff is great and having the personal chef is key. Headfiers are always welcome to pm me and come by for a listen.

Apr 28, 2007 at 5:31 PM Post #33 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob N /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is this amp a degree above the tube SDS-XLR that you had,sound quality wise?

and remember the slave vs unslave transporter comparison

Apr 28, 2007 at 9:37 PM Post #34 of 48
Sleestack, loved your amp.
After hearing your amp ,I am thinking of asking Mikhail about building a 1 box referance only section amp.The 2 box setup is a little too much where I need to put it.

Apr 28, 2007 at 9:56 PM Post #35 of 48
Oho a one box reference solution... that might be a good idea... The fun section does sound intriguing though. Is it possible to adjust the fun section to match the reference section? If that's the case I think I'll still want the 2 box solution... but if the one boxer has a truly attractive price. I would think in the 5k territory... mmm. If you get a quote Tom, could you forward it to me? ;p I've emailed Mikhail but haven't gotten a response yet. I suppose I should just call.

Apr 28, 2007 at 10:56 PM Post #36 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Icarium /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oho a one box reference solution... that might be a good idea... The fun section does sound intriguing though. Is it possible to adjust the fun section to match the reference section? If that's the case I think I'll still want the 2 box solution... but if the one boxer has a truly attractive price. I would think in the 5k territory... mmm. If you get a quote Tom, could you forward it to me? ;p I've emailed Mikhail but haven't gotten a response yet. I suppose I should just call.

I will give Mikhail a call this week,I always get better results calling.

Apr 28, 2007 at 11:33 PM Post #37 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleestack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where you at the meet? I work out of an office at the Radisson. I like being at that property b/c my staff is great and having the personal chef is key. Headfiers are always welcome to pm me and come by for a listen.

I paid for the tickets but I couldn't attend.. Had to work the weekend.. Double shift on Sun.. Had a 2 hr window open, but I didn't want to feel rushed before starting my 2nd shift..

Apr 28, 2007 at 11:42 PM Post #38 of 48
It's awlays nice to see that some people are sicker even than I am.

Nice rig, Sleestack.

Apr 29, 2007 at 8:32 AM Post #39 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by bozebuttons /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After hearing your amp ,I am thinking of asking Mikhail about building a 1 box referance only section amp.The 2 box setup is a little too much where I need to put it.

I wonder if a single box fun section only amp is possible in the smaller Maestro chassis?

Apr 29, 2007 at 6:26 PM Post #40 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by bozebuttons /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's a great idea and would undoubtedly be a big seller. The fun section is great for it's versatility and does sound amazing, but the purity of the reference section is aural perfection.

I used the reference section extensively this past week with the Qualias and the HD650s. Paired with the Qualias, the system set a new standard in my pursuit of transparency. It is the fastest and most accurate headphone system I have ever experienced. It may not be lush enough for tubeophiles but I prefer its more tonally balanced and neutral presentation. Bass is abundant but contained and clarity through the mid and high range is simply stunning.

It is also an ideal partner for the 650s. The occasionally overbearing bass response of the 650s gets a perfect dose of control while maintaing the warmth I love in the 650s.

Apr 29, 2007 at 6:33 PM Post #41 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Icarium /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oho a one box reference solution... that might be a good idea... The fun section does sound intriguing though. Is it possible to adjust the fun section to match the reference section?

I would imagine that the reference section sounds they way it does in part because of its "simplicity". I also know they went through thousands of components to match tolerances before picking the components for the reference section. That might take forevever with the fun section if done to the same standards as the reference section.

The fun section sounds amazing and would be the better choice for someone who plans on using it with many different headphones. The reference section is better for the person with a more specific idea of perfection.

Apr 29, 2007 at 6:38 PM Post #42 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob N /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is this amp a degree above the tube SDS-XLR that you had,sound quality wise?

That would really be a matter of opinion. For me, yes, however, I would imagine that some people who prefer tubes might feel otherwise because the sound is not quite as lush. The SS1 sounds faster and more precise to me, but may sacrifice a little headstage.

Apr 29, 2007 at 6:40 PM Post #43 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Konig /img/forum/go_quote.gif
and remember the slave vs unslave transporter comparison

OK. That's long overdue so I'll get around to it this week.

Apr 29, 2007 at 9:50 PM Post #45 of 48
Wow, stunning amp. Really nice to have a reference and fun section. The "solid state tuberolling" must be a lot of fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back