SinglePower SDS/XLR photos!
Mar 22, 2005 at 4:05 AM Post #17 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
That is a nice setup and congrats on getting it. Looking forward to your impressions.

Hell with that, I want an invite to your place!
biggrin.gif

Mar 22, 2005 at 4:07 AM Post #18 of 85
Yeah, well. They change their tune about the audio expenditures when they become the wife.
wink.gif

SPEND AS MUCH AS YOU CAN NOW!!!!

LOL, congrats, Tom. Man, that's a behemoth of a system you have there.

Who's modding your SCD-1?

-Ed

Mar 22, 2005 at 4:11 AM Post #20 of 85
Well done Tom! That is an amazing rig you have put together.

Mar 22, 2005 at 4:12 AM Post #21 of 85
Guys,
Congratulations Tom!! A good thing about living less than 5 mins away from Tom is that I will get to hear his set up tomorrow. The guy deserves it. He has been waiting for this amp at least 10 months. I still couldn't believe that it is here. Tom....don't forget to get any sleep between tonight and tomorrow.

Quote:

I am a very, very, lucky man, to have such a woman.

StargirlGA is an amazing lady. Tom is very fortunated to have her as his girlfriend. She even own a pair of the Senn HD-650!

Purk
biggrin.gif

Mar 22, 2005 at 6:09 AM Post #23 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by tom hankins
I am a very, very, lucky man, to have such a woman.
icon10.gif

Indeed, AND all to have all of that incredible new hardware too! Congrats on both counts Tom. Thats just a brilliantly put together system. And I dont give out those kinds of compliments easily, as you know!
smily_headphones1.gif

Enjoy................

JC

Mar 22, 2005 at 10:34 AM Post #24 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Yeah, well. They change their tune about the audio expenditures when they become the wife.
wink.gif

SPEND AS MUCH AS YOU CAN NOW!!!!

LOL, congrats, Tom. Man, that's a behemoth of a system you have there.

Who's modding your SCD-1?

-Ed

It will be awhile before I can get the mods...but when I do it will be Richard Kern. First I'm saving for an Orpheus Zero transport to go with the new DAC.

gpalmer, It does make me laugh when I look at that thing leading to those phones. It will be a nice preamp someday which was my major concern for it though. It was funny to see a semi pull up with a crate at close to two hundred pounds for a pre/headphone amp.

recstar24, The cable is a Zu Mobius with XLR connectors. The tubes are six (3 per amp) of the 6sn7. Until it gets some time on the entire system I'm using a pr. KenRad VT231 clear glass and four Sylvania 6sn7GTB chrome tops for power tubes.

Mar 22, 2005 at 12:20 PM Post #25 of 85
I hope to see soon a Qualia insered in that beast!!!

Best!
Nicola

Mar 22, 2005 at 12:39 PM Post #26 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by tom hankins
1476184NewSDSXLR3050015.jpg

Girlfriend: « And they are putting all that stuff just like that....in one corner of the room....»

Me: «But dont you see it's so great looking and people are willing to kill to have a set up like this.....»

Girlfriend: « Can I see the rest of the room....»

I'm afraid I'm doomed....
frown.gif

Amicalement

Mar 22, 2005 at 9:24 PM Post #27 of 85
That is one beautiful amp. If it sounds anywhere near as good as it looks, you're set for a very long time.

I hope that Mihail and you recover from your respective hernias from packing and unpacking that beast soon...
very_evil_smiley.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 22, 2005 at 9:41 PM Post #29 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by MASantos
Where can one find info on that amp I lookd for it at singlepower site but they no info on that amp? Very nice setup!!!!!

Manuel

I'm guessing that it's not your run-of-the-mill Singlepower.
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back