Singlepower Maestro
May 14, 2004 at 8:46 AM Post #3 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by yammy1688
Well, it's official, just ordered a Maestro + upgrades. Here's to counting the weeks! Will give impressions.

Are you going to use it mainly as a pre-amp? I would love to hear some pre-amp thoughts on this.
600smile.gif

May 14, 2004 at 9:53 AM Post #4 of 11
Congraty yammy. Make sure to keep us posted as you find out about an arrival date and such.

May 14, 2004 at 10:32 AM Post #5 of 11
Congrats Yammy. I've been meaning to email you and ask you if you still getting one. I saw that you mentioned it on the 'Florida' post.

You gotta tell us what upgrades you got!
biggrin.gif

May 14, 2004 at 6:59 PM Post #6 of 11
The upgrades I purchased:

Sylvania tubes - Don't want to bother with tube-rolling.
Jensen oil coupling capacitators
Gold Point attenuator
large Audio Output Solen capacitators
Black Gate power capacitators
Neutrik locking headphone jack

Delivery date is about 4 weeks. Right now, having sold the Prehead to help fund this, I'm using my old HA-1 MK1 at home. Sounds suprisingly good, but I'm really looking forward to take the Maestro home
smily_headphones1.gif

May 14, 2004 at 7:14 PM Post #7 of 11
Congrats yammy. I heard the Singlepower Maestro at the last Grado meet, and it is both beautiful looking (in a hulking kind of way), and sounding. I found it quite neutral, if a bit light in the bass, compared to a Cary 300sei (using Sony R10's), but still liked it a lot.

May 14, 2004 at 8:03 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by yammy1688
The upgrades I purchased:

Sylvania tubes - Don't want to bother with tube-rolling.
Jensen oil coupling capacitators
Gold Point attenuator
large Audio Output Solen capacitators
Black Gate power capacitators
Neutrik locking headphone jack

Delivery date is about 4 weeks. Right now, having sold the Prehead to help fund this, I'm using my old HA-1 MK1 at home. Sounds suprisingly good, but I'm really looking forward to take the Maestro home
smily_headphones1.gif

My Supra/SDS with tube power supply will have the Jensen caps and the extra large Solen output caps

May 14, 2004 at 9:14 PM Post #9 of 11
Yeah, the new chassis is what sold me. I'm not sure if you know this, but the Chassis is made by Lockheed! I will get some good pix once I receive it, as the one's on 6sn7.com are rather blurry.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg
Congrats yammy. I heard the Singlepower Maestro at the last Grado meet, and it is both beautiful looking (in a hulking kind of way), and sounding. I found it quite neutral, if a bit light in the bass, compared to a Cary 300sei (using Sony R10's), but still liked it a lot.

May 15, 2004 at 7:22 PM Post #11 of 11
When is your Maestro slated to arrive?

Quote:

Originally Posted by meech
Congrats Yammy. I've been meaning to email you and ask you if you still getting one. I saw that you mentioned it on the 'Florida' post.

You gotta tell us what upgrades you got!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back