Singlepower extreme - so many for sale right now, why?
Jun 20, 2007 at 5:37 AM Post #76 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaloS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You just entirely disproved religion. Neat. We can always do the opposite. Let's assume people are not buying the amps quickly because they are desirable. But that statement makes no sense... (the old why isn't chemistry a science joke...)
very_evil_smiley.gif

Well, that argument would be a Non sequitur, one in which the conclusion doesn't follow from the premise. It would also be a Red herring, or introducing irrelevant arguments to distract from the question or argument at hand...arrrgh. Sorry. I really will stop. I am logging out now. I am going to sleep.

Jun 20, 2007 at 7:56 AM Post #77 of 104
Quote:

Earth to Tom, I am not trying to say they are bad amps, my suggestion is that there is something going on with public's interest in these amps. Thats all. I did a few speculations that something about the amps is not particularly pleasant about them based on my experience, but that is particularly based on my experience, not an extensive one. Now there could be something else, but I am getting bitten like 'EH, NOPE THATS NOT IT, WE LOVE SP', and thats just not pleasant to look at. Maybe that is a bit extreme, but I don't see error with my logic, only disagreement and lack of economic education in my premises.

I can spend time with an SP amplifier if you want to convince me that I will like it, but thats not the object of what I am trying to say.

I have never tried in any of my posts to convince you to like a SP amp. Only to try the Extreme and then come back with your conclusions as to why they are not selling. Not your assumptions that are based on absolutly nothing. And you started your posts with saying you wonder if it was noise issues with these high dollar amps that have lowered the public interest in them. And how even in a $400 amp noise is not an option. But when owners of the amps (and other models) have told you they have no issues with there amps you now say its an I love SP thing???? You believe whatever you want about why they have not been sold. Maybe just the new has wore off the new amp and its down to when people will have to wait to hear them before they buy. With 70-80 of them out there they will get heard. But like I said with all the good amps out there its a buyers market and $1K plus is alot of money. I am so out of this goofy thread.

Jun 20, 2007 at 1:17 PM Post #78 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by vorlon1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If this continues, the thread may change to, "Why is it that so many people are buying up these singlepowers"?
icon10.gif

Well I can tell you my reasoning!

I have only heard one SP amp ever, it was Pete7's PPX3 SLAM and I absoluetely loved it with my HD580's and homebrew Cardas IC. It was that day a few months ago that I decided that was the amp I wanted. So, I've been saving and trying to work out partial trades with just about everyone who has posted a SP for under $800 in the last couple months. The amp I bought is the base PPX3, but I can always upgrade it later and it was in the budget now. but mostly my wife said yes, and I know if I wait a week the answer might change... bills come in about a week then I wouldn't get any SP amp
biggrin.gif

Jun 20, 2007 at 2:55 PM Post #80 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, that argument would be a Non sequitur, one in which the conclusion doesn't follow from the premise. It would also be a Red herring, or introducing irrelevant arguments to distract from the question or argument at hand...arrrgh. Sorry. I really will stop. I am logging out now. I am going to sleep.

Jeebus, you totally let the amusing part of this statement pass by!

Jun 20, 2007 at 3:02 PM Post #81 of 104
confused.gif
Quote:

Jeebus, you totally let the amusing part of this statement pass by!

Nah, I caught it, but my tired brain had gone on nerd overdrive. I went to sleep arguing with my arguing. btw, what's the joke about chemistry not being a science? Another btw: were you at the national?

Jun 20, 2007 at 3:09 PM Post #82 of 104
1. Yes I was at the international (the Cal meet if that is what we are talking).
2. "Chemistry is not a science. Lets prove starting with the assumption of the opposing being true. Say, Chemistry is a science...but that just can't possibly be true ! Hence, Chemistry is not a science..."

Jun 20, 2007 at 3:43 PM Post #86 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That my friend is called the Snowball Effect (TM). Person A decides to sell component X. Person B sees Person A's FS ad, also decides to sell his component X. Person C sees Person A's and B's FS ads, decides to join them. Person D sees A's, B's, and C's FS ads, decides why not, joins in too. Before you know it, there are seven FS ads! I mean have you counted all the FS ads for a Single Power amp?
tongue.gif

There's a correct psychological term for this. I can't think of it right now, but it's out there. I've actually seen a paper on this.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 20, 2007 at 4:06 PM Post #87 of 104
No issue period with my 5 years old and running strong SP SDS and I still have 2 years left on the warranty. If you have problems with amp, Mikhail will repair them for you. No big deal. Regarding the answer to "so many for sale right now, why?, I would just ask the owner of those amps.

OTOH, if you have the fund...I would buy the Extreme Platinum in a heart beat. The Extreme is a better bargain than the MPX3 if you want more bass and demand wider soundstage. Buying used SP amps are great deals because not only you will pay less, but also you won't have to wait 3 months for the amp to get build.

Jun 20, 2007 at 4:21 PM Post #88 of 104
There were also at least 3 MPX3 SE SLAM amps for sale. I would take this amp over the Extreme because you can create more voices with all the tube options it presents. They cost about the same new.

Jun 20, 2007 at 4:28 PM Post #89 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by Frihed89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There were also at least 3 MPX3 SE SLAM amps for sale. I would take this amp over the Extreme because you can create more voices with all the tube options it presents. They cost about the same new.

The Extreme is a tube roller's dream. I'm not sure what you mean.

Jun 20, 2007 at 5:05 PM Post #90 of 104
The MPX3 Slam SE can take high voltage tubes as well as low voltage double triodes as output tubes. So, I can use a 6BL7-WGTA and a 6SN7 (any version) or a 5781 or a 6FQ/CG7 or 7119 or 12BH7, or...as output tubes. All of the lower voltage ones i have named, plus many dual triodes can be used as inputs- everything from low Mu 12AU7 up to 5751s and a lot in between.

But check with Earl. He probably keeps track. What I mean by voices is that I can run this in a mellow mode with any number of 6SN7s as outputs and SLam with the 5687, 7119 and 6BL7s. The output tubes have varying sensitivity to the inputs and different sonic results, sometimes big and sometimes little.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back