Singlepower amps, now I call that room service!!!
Jul 26, 2005 at 6:24 PM Post #16 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elephas
dshea_32665, lucky you.

If Mikhail were female, 5'7", 110lbs, blonde, and an aerobics instructor as well as amp builder, I'm flying to Boulder right now.

Count me in as well.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 26, 2005 at 6:26 PM Post #17 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elephas
dshea_32665, lucky you.

If Mikhail were female, 5'7", 110lbs, blonde, and an aerobics instructor as well as amp builder, I'm flying to Boulder right now.

Take out the female, blonde and aerobics instructor, add a real nice guy and you have Mikhail.

Jul 28, 2005 at 1:08 PM Post #18 of 34
I need to add another example to the praise for Mikhail. I don't want to come across as a fanboy, but people considering buying a Singlepower amp should know about his customer service.

In May I upgraded my MPX3 to the Solen III and Black Gates (I previously had Solen I, Jensen Paper in Oil capacitors, and Goldpoint attenuator). After letting the amp burn in for 500 hours, I still did not like the sound. It was too dark. The mids were very recessed, and I listen with the RS-1s, which are more forward headphones. I spoke with Mikhail about my concerns, what I was looking for, and sent in the amp.

He first added a Solen 4.7uF bypass cap and spent some time listening to that. He wasn't satisfied, though, and added additional Teflon-Silver bypass couplers. He let these burn-in for a week straight and listened again. He thought the sound was just about there. Mids were much more prominent and the overall sound was more balanced. I was planning to get my amp yesterday or today.

He sent an email saying the amp will be delayed until Friday as he added more features than originally planned. He ended up adding Jupitor bee's wax capacitors to the interstage as well. Apparently, these keep the bass nice and tight, and let the full range really sing. He also modified the power supply regulator circuit as well to produce more current. He said he had trouble knowing when to stop with the tweaking, but the end result is to get the best sound.

How much did he charge for this? Nothing. He wanted to make sure I was happy with the amp after the upgrade. What great service! That is why I have decided it is worth seeking out small, "boutique" audio manufacturers like Singlepower, Ray Samuels, WooAudio, and others. It is here you get the best customer service and quality components.

Jul 28, 2005 at 11:16 PM Post #19 of 34
Does anyone know the rough prices for the various models MikHail offers? I found his web site, but it only says "call for prices". Sure makes window shopping tough that way.
evil_smiley.gif

Cheers!
Dan

P.S. What a topic to break to 100 post mark with! Could be a portent of things to come. (The poor wallet just started crying.
biggrin.gif
)

Jul 28, 2005 at 11:43 PM Post #21 of 34
Im currently in the process of paying for my MPX3, and yes, my wallet is crying... but boy is that amp gonna sing
biggrin.gif
with all the upgrades its really worth every penny if you ask me. Mikhail arranged to cut down the price according to my budget (as I am a poor college student) and I've honestly never dealt with anyone as open to share a great audio experience. If his amps sound half as good as the service he offers, I sure am in for a treat
biggrin.gif

Jul 28, 2005 at 11:44 PM Post #22 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blorton
Does anyone know the rough prices for the various models MikHail offers? I found his web site, but it only says "call for prices". Sure makes window shopping tough that way.
evil_smiley.gif

Cheers!
Dan

P.S. What a topic to break to 100 post mark with! Could be a portent of things to come. (The poor wallet just started crying.
biggrin.gif
)

Dan, what's this - already considering a Singlepower? Cool
cool.gif

You're saving yourself a lot of trouble in the future by going straight to the top! I had to learn the hard way, through countless incremental upgrades and sidegrades
tongue.gif
Trust me, it's cheaper this way in the long run!

Jul 28, 2005 at 11:47 PM Post #23 of 34
This is from an email I got July 8, 2005...

The PPX3-6SN7 is $715, and the MPX3 is $915. We offer a line of upgrade options for both of these models.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thank You,
Mikhail Rotenberg
Singlepower Audio Inc.
303-523-0581

Jul 29, 2005 at 11:47 AM Post #24 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by kmcdonou
He sent an email saying the amp will be delayed until Friday as he added more features than originally planned. He ended up adding Jupitor bee's wax capacitors to the interstage as well. Apparently, these keep the bass nice and tight, and let the full range really sing. He wanted to make sure I was happy with the amp after the upgrade.

Please keep up updated as I loved the sound of your rig in Detroit! The tubes are great! thanks again.

Jul 29, 2005 at 11:59 AM Post #25 of 34
Thanks for sharing this! That's more reasonable than I expected. I emailed them for prices on the higher models and will post them here when I get the reply.

Cheers!
Dan

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solude
This is from an email I got July 8, 2005...

The PPX3-6SN7 is $715, and the MPX3 is $915. We offer a line of upgrade options for both of these models.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thank You,
Mikhail Rotenberg
Singlepower Audio Inc.
303-523-0581

Jul 29, 2005 at 11:54 PM Post #26 of 34
As promised - here's the response I received today from Mikhail. Bit of a jump going to the Maestro! At least for the near future, if you see one in my sig, you'll know I hit the lotto.
evil_smiley.gif
Shooowee - if I didn't have the equivalent of a dozen Maestro's in the garage....

"The Supra is priced at $1899 and the Maestro ZR is $3299."

Cheers!
Dan

P.S. Anyone wanna buy a 2000 Vette? Lotsa mods and chicks dig it. Black on Black on Black..
very_evil_smiley.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blorton
Thanks for sharing this! That's more reasonable than I expected. I emailed them for prices on the higher models and will post them here when I get the reply.

Cheers!
Dan

Jul 31, 2005 at 10:15 AM Post #28 of 34
More praise for Mikhail from me.

My SDS-XLR is nearing completion and Mikhail has made an improvement,which I didn't ask for,which is to have two power links from amp to power supply to insure there is max. separation between channels.

He describes the phonostage he's building for me as sounding 'fantastic' with a very wide soundstage,great instrument separation and a sweet sound.Can't wait to hear it.He aways spends time tweaking the sound to get to exactly what you want.

Aug 5, 2005 at 9:24 AM Post #29 of 34
Only a few weeks to go now before I get:-

SDS-XLR
Singlepower provistor phonostage
Singlepower equaliser
Singlepower switchbox

Should have a few pics in the next week
rs1smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back