Singlepower amps and AKG K1000?
Mar 4, 2004 at 6:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

shafu

500+ Head-Fier
I sent an e-mail to singlepower asking about the possibility of upgrading an MPX3 to power the K1000s. He (Mikhail) has stated that it's possible by adding additional tubes to make the amp pump out more juice. Any thoughts on what this would sound like? And am I on the only one who've thought about this?

Mar 4, 2004 at 7:16 AM Post #2 of 4
I see you have the RKV. Is there something you don't like about it? You HAD that and a singlepower amp before also?

When you say add more tubes you mean paralleling tubes? I guess what it would sound like depends on what tubes are used, and the design. Can't really speculate.

Mar 4, 2004 at 1:44 PM Post #3 of 4
Nothing that I don't like about the k1000/RKV combo. It's that I go back and forth about the RKV and MPX3 with my HD600s that cause some difficulty in my mind. Was wondering if the singlepower can run the k1000 would also through some more things into the mix.

Mar 4, 2004 at 2:43 PM Post #4 of 4
The current line of Singlepower amps do not run the K-1000. However, since Mikhail custom builds each amp, it's likely possible to buy one modified with the greater output power needed for the K-1000. Since that amp does not exist at this point, any thoughts on how it would sound would be pure speculation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back