Single entry denon dxxxx
Mar 10, 2013 at 10:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

jiminy

Head-Fier
My denon d2000 were my first serious headphones but since buying them I have bought the fostex t50rp and Bose qc15 which have just one cable to the left earcup.

I prefer this arrangement and was wondering if anyone had any information about it being done before, or if anyone had any ideas as the best way to do it. I'm struggling to think of a neet way to get the cable from one side to the other.
I would be interested in other full size phones that had gone from duel to single entry also.

cheers

Mar 10, 2013 at 4:46 PM Post #2 of 4
Converting from dual to single entry would be tricky - the wiring is most often concealed within the headband on conventional single-entry headphones. So you'd need a way to do that, without damaging the existing headband setup, and a way to enter the wire into the cups. I think the best case scenario with the D2000 is that they'd end up looking somewhat like the Koss PRO4/AA, and worst case scenario you'd destroy the headband and the earcups in the attempt. :xf_eek:

Mar 10, 2013 at 7:29 PM Post #3 of 4
Oh dear, they aren't lookers.  I made some wood cups last weekend so I can afford to play with the cups but I don't think it would make sense to go threw the cups as I think it would get in the way of the headband. The only place I can think of to go threw is in between the pads and the frame at the top and then find a way threw the headband but I am worried about playing with the headband.

Mar 11, 2013 at 2:56 AM Post #4 of 4
Oh dear, they aren't lookers.  I made some wood cups last weekend so I can afford to play with the cups but I don't think it would make sense to go threw the cups as I think it would get in the way of the headband. The only place I can think of to go threw is in between the pads and the frame at the top and then find a way threw the headband but I am worried about playing with the headband.

Basically you aren't gonna be able to do this; you will have to cut the headband open, and drill the alloy frames (and you get one chance at not screwing it up). If you go into the pads, you'll affect the fit/seal (oh did I mention that part yet? that if you change how they seal you'll change the sound).

Also - "through" - not "threw"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back