Singer needs help deciding on CIEM
Jan 5, 2020 at 3:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Rochard

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone, I am new to the head fi forums and thank you for allowing me to join.. I need some input and opinions regarding which ciem would be best for lead vocalist.. I'm thinking of either the custom JH ANGIE or UE7PRO . I've used se425's with Sensaphonic sleeves and a sensaphonic 221 (stereo in one ear). The band I tour with is going the route of zero amps or floor wedges so I need to step up in quality of the iem I use... I know sensaphonic makes a 2max that they claim is as good or better than the UE7 pro but I doubt it being they are 2 drivers .

Jan 5, 2020 at 4:42 PM Post #3 of 11
I think I would reach out to some of the makers of the IEM’s and get there opinion . I have met a lot of them at the several CanJams I’ve been to and all have been just really great to talk with about their products. I would drop a email to them explaining your situation and see what they have to say. It might give you a better idea of what you are looking for as they deal with this all the time .The people from Noble , Empire Ears , Alclair , UE ,JH , 64 Audio and others have a passion for this and that is where I would start as they all are easy to talk to.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2020 at 7:41 PM Post #5 of 11
Thanks I've been doing this to some extent, I'm still hoping for some input from singers who use certain brands / models .
And you have not gotten any response from them ?

Jan 6, 2020 at 12:44 AM Post #7 of 11
Hi @Rochard,

Personally & subjectively, I don't use CIEMs...yet for various reasons but I have had good experience with Custom Art Universals, particularly the Fibae Black, I suggest you reach out to Piotr either here on headfi (you can find him on the Custom Art threads) or by email for his recommendations.
All his IEMs are also available for demo as Universals for half cost + shipping for 10 days which will also help you make a better decision when it comes time to make it a CIEM if the sound suits then all you do is send the demo unit back & play the remaining + shipping with your impressions sent either physical or digital.

Hope this makes sense.

Hope you have a great day !

Jan 6, 2020 at 9:35 AM Post #8 of 11
Just became a member here and its my 1st thread.. and so far you are the very 1st response..Congratulations lol

If you would like to speak with our sales team, they're extremely knowledgeable as to which IEM is best suited for each customers needs. I'd be happy to help out, you can contact me at andyb@jhaudio.com

-Andrew

Jan 25, 2020 at 8:18 AM Post #10 of 11
I have had 2MAXs for many years and have been really happy with them. The silicone construction makes them super comfortable and their sound signature is very neutral to my ears. After wearing the silicone IEMs, I can't imagine going to having any kind of hard material shoved in my ear, especially if you're going to be moving your jaw (singing) a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back