Sinegen download....something that actually works!!!
May 22, 2011 at 7:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Assimilator702

500+ Head-Fier
Can anyone point me to a reliable and trusted version of Sinegen that actually works and doesn't attempt to install bloatware?

I found a version of 2.5 that XP finds corrupt....so thats a bust.

I found a version of 2.1 and after install I can't find it anywhere on my computer....like it was never installed.

The only thing I can think of is that I didn't want the bloatware installed so it doesn't install the program???

I'd really like to use Sinegen for doing EQ adjustments so any info is appreciated.

May 22, 2011 at 10:34 PM Post #3 of 15
May 22, 2011 at 10:37 PM Post #4 of 15
Ahhh....the Tucows version is the one that gives me the message that the file format is corrupt.

I'm using Xp which should have no compatibility problems.

May 23, 2011 at 9:32 AM Post #5 of 15
Looks like a problem with your OS configuration then. I used this version on Windows XP without any problems, and now I'm using it with W7x64. I just downloaded it from Tucows again to see if it'd run and it ran fine.

Is it the executable or the archive that is corrupt? In any case, I'd try disabling any AV/HIPS apps that might might be running in the background, then redownload the file and see if there's any change.

May 23, 2011 at 1:39 PM Post #6 of 15
It's the .zip file it's having a problem with telling me the archive is either unknown or damaged.

I'll have to try it on my Windows 7 machine but I'd like to fix the problem on this one since it's my music machine..

I'll look into the issue you mentioned.

May 23, 2011 at 4:43 PM Post #7 of 15
I'm running Avast Pro 4.8 so I paused it before DLing the file and i get the same message.

May 23, 2011 at 5:29 PM Post #8 of 15
Another thing you could try is to unpack the archive using a different program (WinRAR worked for me,) maybe even try and download it through a different browser / dl manager. If that doesn't work, I'm out of ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back