Since they are now official: Nano 4G and iPod Touch 2G Sound Quality Thread
Sep 11, 2008 at 4:40 PM Post #31 of 461
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dublo7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It doesn't sound that much different from Electronic. I'll give it a more lengthy trial later on.

Thanks as I'm really thinking about this or the Zune 120 (but only if they put in the EQ on the 16th).

Sep 12, 2008 at 1:56 AM Post #35 of 461
Just pulled the trigger on a Touch 2G. Have my daughter's old iBook here, not too old, and cleaned off the HD. I am going to use it exclusively with the Touch, rather than hook it up to my Windows machines (Keep itunes in the OSX world). I have a Zune80 and a Sony A818, so will be interesting to compare the two. Amazon says ships in 9-10 days.

Sep 12, 2008 at 5:40 AM Post #38 of 461
my touch 2g is in the mail. I have been waiting for a while to upgrade from my 5.5g 30gb and my main dilemma was storage vs. features. I ultimately opted for features and decided not to even attempt to carry all my music at once.

Sep 12, 2008 at 7:49 AM Post #39 of 461
whats the sq quality differnce between the touch and the iphone 3g? wouldnt it better to just grab and iphone with a few micro sd's? or no? as this would eliminate the weight of ur phone from ur pocket while carrying ur pmp..???

Sep 12, 2008 at 7:56 AM Post #40 of 461
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Junesequa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
whats the sq quality differnce between the touch and the iphone 3g? wouldnt it better to just grab and iphone with a few micro sd's? or no? as this would eliminate the weight of ur phone from ur pocket while carrying ur pmp..???

iPhone never took micro SDs.

Sep 12, 2008 at 11:16 AM Post #41 of 461
aaah..no expandable memory, that sux

Sep 12, 2008 at 1:01 PM Post #42 of 461
Still, by the end of the month the Touch 32gb shall be mine. Wanted the Zune 120 - no EQ coming on the 16th. Wanted a S9 - no sd expansion and prob gonna' cost around the same as the new Touch. Apple - I'ma' comin' home!!!

Sep 12, 2008 at 3:25 PM Post #43 of 461
Apple iPod nano Fourth-Generation (8GB/16GB) | iLounge

The single biggest audio change to the iPod nano isn’t one that’s glaringly apparent, or even touted by Apple, but it’s there: the sound chip has changed. Months ago, long-time iPod audio chip supplier Wolfson Micro made clear—with minimal discretion—that its chips were not going to be included in either the upcoming iPod nano or iPod touch refreshes, which were then unknown. Lo and behold, the new devices arrived, and they sound like the 2007 iPod classic—they’re cleaner, with a nearly non-existent static noise floor that’s as well-suited to audiophile-grade earphones as free pack-ins. That’s really good news for those who hope to use their nanos with better headphones; the fourth-generation model is definitely the best-sounding iPod nano yet.

Sep 12, 2008 at 3:28 PM Post #44 of 461
Quote:

Originally Posted by michiel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The single biggest audio change to the iPod nano isn’t one that’s glaringly apparent, or even touted by Apple, but it’s there: the sound chip has changed. Months ago, long-time iPod audio chip supplier Wolfson Micro made clear—with minimal discretion—that its chips were not going to be included in either the upcoming iPod nano or iPod touch refreshes, which were then unknown. Lo and behold, the new devices arrived, and they sound like the 2007 iPod classic—they’re cleaner, with a nearly non-existent static noise floor that’s as well-suited to audiophile-grade earphones as free pack-ins. That’s really good news for those who hope to use their nanos with better headphones; the fourth-generation model is definitely the best-sounding iPod nano yet.

Now that's some good news. I'd love to hear some confirmation from head-fiers -- I'm mulling over a touch vs. and iphone, so the SQ of the new touch is a factor. So, did the touch's SQ change for the better as well?

Sep 12, 2008 at 4:18 PM Post #45 of 461
Quote:

Originally Posted by michiel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Very good news and if correct would mean that for the first time ever all iPods with displays sound alike and in this case great.
jecklinsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back