Since I started lurking here I went broke
Mar 27, 2012 at 3:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Deltaechoe

Head-Fier
I was already somewhat picky about my audio, and by that I mean more than the average person who is content with apple earbuds.  However, since I started lurking here about 8 months ago (I know I didn't join until much later), I can't stand mediocre audio anything.  I purchased my first set of hi quality headphones, the hd 595s, after reading the favorable reviews here.  Now I'm broke because I have bought HD 650s, an Asus Xonar STX sound card, Beyer DT990 600 ohm, a little dot MKIII amp, and sennheiser pxc 450s (for travel), and will soon be getting a fiio e17.

To make matters worse, now that I'm into accoustic engineering I've been ordering in bulk equipment to design my own loudspeaker and resonance drivers (the resonance drivers are of my own design and have patents pending and I will go into it in a few months once all the kinks are worked out if anyone is interested).  I'll also be making amps (tube and solid state) as well within a year or two.  Oh well, I guess I get to add another obsessive hobby to my list on top of my other obsessive hobbies.

Anyway, I guess this my introduction post that should have been posted months ago when I should have first joined.  Anyone else gone broke because of this site?

Mar 27, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #5 of 14

Quote:
Anyway, I guess this my introduction post that should have been posted months ago when I should have first joined.  Anyone else gone broke because of this site?

On December, last year i almost went broke. Bought headphones, source, amp/dac. 

Mar 27, 2012 at 8:12 PM Post #11 of 14
I spent $2000 on audio equipment before even coming to this site, and this site just made me even more broke.

Mar 27, 2012 at 8:20 PM Post #13 of 14
It made me realize there's more to audio than just my D7000s. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back