Simpsons movie...it was OK!
Jul 29, 2007 at 9:16 AM Post #17 of 57
I love the mob part (and Simpson Senior being part of it) the most.
biggrin.gif

Jul 29, 2007 at 11:38 AM Post #19 of 57
I haven't seen the last 6-8 years of new episodes, but I consider myself a fan of the show nonetheless. I actually think this will be where simpsons cult humor crosses over and becomes main steam pop culture. Game shows that quote movies and such will adopt this, I imagine.

I am looking forward to a dvd of it, as I imagine it won't be blurry the way the first bunch of simpsons episode DVDs are. Perhaps a high-def simpsons.

I'm waiting at least a week to see it to 'thin the heard'.

Jul 29, 2007 at 12:02 PM Post #20 of 57
Nice movie. Sadly, I watched all trailers and teasers (and read a few lines of reviews) before seeing the movie so many of the jokes where already old to me...

Spider-Pig, Spider-Pig, does whatever a Spider-Pig does.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 29, 2007 at 1:53 PM Post #21 of 57
To me...you have to say "Was it worth the $40 to watch it?"

I say $40 cause that's about what it takes to watch a movie for TWO people with the concession stand. Near $20 for two tickets, near $20 for the concession....suck ass that it's $40 for 2 hours of your time...

Jul 29, 2007 at 2:11 PM Post #22 of 57
I used to love Simpsons, but after watching Southpark (every single episode) and when I tried to watch Simpsons again, The Simpsons felt... bland.

But then again, many of the more recent Southpark episodes weren't nearly as good as the earlier ones...

Jul 29, 2007 at 2:23 PM Post #23 of 57
I saw it yesterday and thought it was good to great. They packed most of the funny into the first half but I thought it finished pretty well.

Jul 29, 2007 at 2:31 PM Post #24 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by SysteX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
$9???
eek.gif
Holy smokes that's a lot. With a student discount most of the local theaters here (Louisville, KY) are $5.50. I can't imagine paying $9 for a movie.

HAHAHAHA Try closer to 11 in NY

Jul 29, 2007 at 2:35 PM Post #25 of 57
Movie tickets have gotten bad enough that when my wife and I do dinner and a movie we do the movie first. It works really well to catch the last matinée of the afternoon and then head to dinner. Cuts the price of the movie almost in half and usually means less crowded theaters.

Jul 29, 2007 at 7:44 PM Post #27 of 57
i didn't think it was that bad. there were some middle school kids behind us that wouldn't shut up, and laughed pretty obnoxiously. and the theatre was ridiculously hot, at least 90 degress F.

it was certainly worth the $5 to see it. definitely had some great moments.

Jul 29, 2007 at 7:56 PM Post #28 of 57
When will it end?

Jul 29, 2007 at 9:36 PM Post #29 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by skellington /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's definitely worth seeing. Even though it's only a long episode of the Simpsons, it's still better than anything else out at the moment.

definitely better than lindsay lohan.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back