Simple little Fuze question...
Feb 25, 2011 at 10:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

awc526

New Head-Fier
i have searched this around these forums and could not find the answer... When using a SDHC card with the fuze, do you need an adapter to use with your computer? i know they are cheap, but if the SDHC card can be recognized by the computer by plugging in the fuze with the card in it, it would eliminate an extra little hassle?

Thanks for any answers you may have.

P.S. if im using ATH-M50 with it will i need an amp? i dont really like amps, they just add baggage to my commute, and im all about simplicity!

Feb 25, 2011 at 10:43 AM Post #2 of 5

Quote:
i have searched this around these forums and could not find the answer... When using a SDHC card with the fuze, do you need an adapter to use with your computer? i know they are cheap, but if the SDHC card can be recognized by the computer by plugging in the fuze with the card in it, it would eliminate an extra little hassle?

Thanks for any answers you may have.

P.S. if im using ATH-M50 with it will i need an amp? i dont really like amps, they just add baggage to my commute, and im all about simplicity!

Just leave the card in the Fuze, and connect the Fuze to computer.....it will be recognized just fine. As far as your ATH-M50 question, I don't know....never tried them.

Feb 25, 2011 at 12:15 PM Post #3 of 5
Most software like WMP, MediaMonkey see a Fuze with a card as 2 objects: "Internal" and "External" memory.  You will have to decide which one to sync a particular album or song to -- I used up the space on the internal first, and now sync newer stuff to the external card.  But once you are playing music on the Fuze, it seamlessly interacts with both internal and card and you never know the difference (goes for Rockbox as well).  I'm about to need to buy a 16gb card as I'm about out of room with older 8gb card.

Feb 25, 2011 at 12:55 PM Post #4 of 5

Quote:

At 38 ohms impedance and 99 dB sensitivity the ATH-M50's should work OK with the Fuze if you don't like your music really loud. The Fuze has a low output impedance which gives it a big advantage over many players when driving higher-end headphones (and less likely to need an amp). So the sound quality should not be an issue, but the maximum level might be. You can read more on my blog about the Fuze (and the identical performing Clip+). There's a lot of myth/hype/confusion about when amps are needed. There's another post about that on my blog.

Feb 25, 2011 at 1:59 PM Post #5 of 5
Thanks to all. Hopefully getting that fuze today!

EDIT

I assume that rockbox should replace original firmware? everyone says it only expands fuzes capabilities...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back