Simple and cheap, easy to make headphone stand
May 18, 2008 at 6:44 AM Post #16 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dobro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why? Yours looks just as good judging from the picture and being homemade makes it that much cooler.

x2 on that. I just brought the Woo stand mentioned. I think yours looks great as well and when you build or make something yourself it means a lot more too. Great job and thanks for sharing.

May 18, 2008 at 11:23 AM Post #17 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by omegaman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice work, I may try and make one myself. Do you have an international copyright on it
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I just may copyright it.... yeah right
biggrin.gif

May 18, 2008 at 11:30 AM Post #18 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by riceboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x2 on that. I just brought the Woo stand mentioned. I think yours looks great as well and when you build or make something yourself it means a lot more too. Great job and thanks for sharing.

Thanks alot for the kind words. I'm still thinking about getting to Woo stand. The build quality looks awesome. Did you get silver? My WA6 is a silver/gray. I was wondering if the silver stand is the same shade as my amp.

May 18, 2008 at 1:27 PM Post #19 of 25
I did a small modification. I changed the hex coupling at the base and gave the stand a second coat of paint. I guess you can call it a MKII
wink.gif
I have too much free time
rolleyes.gif

DSC_0919.jpg

Jun 10, 2008 at 1:03 AM Post #21 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well in the event u do get your woo stand, u can always sell ur diy stand to me ; )

wow thats cool. It's nice to know somebody appreciates my stand
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 23, 2008 at 1:25 AM Post #23 of 25
I used a 1/2" male threaded coupling that I cut in half. (It's what I had laying around), and screwed it into the female coupling through the bottom of the wooden base. I used hot glue to prevent loosening as seen in the picture below.
DSC_1505.jpg

The coupling at the base is is a 1/2" female threaded coupling. All the parts are common plumbing part you can get a Home Depot.
DSC_1502.jpg

Jul 23, 2008 at 1:48 AM Post #25 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So you drilled a 1/2 diameter hole and simply stuck in the male coupling?

How do you prevent the stand from wobbling on the glue that protrudes from the underside of the base?

I recessed the male coupling on the bottom of the base. the hole on the topside is approximately .75". The hole on the bottom is approximately 1.2", and is drilled about halfway through the thickness of the base.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back