Simon & Garfunkel
Apr 16, 2008 at 2:29 AM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Milner /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been an S+G fan since before birth
wink.gif
Their music is a homebase in my life. I also love Paul Simon's solo stuff. The "African" years produced some great music. His "Obvious Child" tour is the single best live show I have seen!! (and I have seen A LOT of live shows)

Simon/Garfunkle, Kingston Trio, CSN, James Taylor, Cat Stevens, Don McClean, etc are the music that keeps me grounded and happy.

Your in my CDs again, aren't you. Love the acoustic folk music on the RS-1s. Let me add Jim Croce, Leo Kottke, Peter, Paul & Mary, Nick Drake, Leon Redbone, Arlo Gutherie, Gordo, John Denver, Neil Young.

Apr 18, 2008 at 11:52 PM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by guyx1992 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just did some order with my cd's and I found my Simon & Garfunkel Live reunion concert in central park and I decided to put it in my cd player (that is connected to my sony amp and stereo).
I sat back, and just enjoyed the music. So pure and so fun to listen to.
I own only two cd's, the central park concert and greatest hits.
I'm about to buy the Greatest hits LP from someone at 5$ :]

Is there any other Simon & Garfunkel fans out there?

----------------
Now playing: Simon & Garfunkel - Kathy's Song
via FoxyTunes

Simon and Garfunkel recorded 5 studio albums beginning with Wednesday Morning,3 A.M. to Bridge Over Troubled Water and none of them are uninteresting but they do tend to get better as they progress.Bridge and Bookends are the best and they are both essential listening.The first three albums have a somewhat similar sound and Parsley,Sage,Rosemary and Thyme is the best of these.The first 2 albums have many nice tracks if you want to explore.An early single also exists called Hey Schoolgirl by Tom and Jerry which was recorded by them in their high school days.A fun listen but not essential. Consider also the much overlooked Rhythm of the Saints which is more laid back than Graceland but much more beautiful in many ways.

Apr 20, 2008 at 12:13 AM Post #18 of 22
If you are near a Costco, they may have Simon and Garfunkel - The Columbia Studio Recordings 1964 -1970 for $20. Not bad for 5 CDs. The local Costco did, but I don't think all Costco's carry the same CDs'.

Apr 22, 2008 at 1:58 PM Post #20 of 22
Simon & Garfunkel Live reunion concert in central park love that album it sounds great and lively but i hate some of the pop's and crackles that pop up in some songs but i think it compares to eric clapton unplugged
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 5, 2016 at 11:10 PM Post #22 of 22
Paul Simon is a musical genius on the level of Paul McCartney or Ian Anderson. 

Love BookEnds (classic), The Essential Paul Simon (must-hear) and many others, but esp. these two.

If the late 60's pop era isn't for you that's understandable, but for many of us of us who love this music, Paul Simon
is if anything under-rated

BTW, check out Yes's version of America on their Classic album "Fragile"...
sublime!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back