Similar Sound to Von Schweikert Speakers
Nov 22, 2009 at 11:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

mhdena

New Head-Fier
I'm wondering if anyone here has heard Von Schweikert Audio speakers and can recommend a similar sound in an IEM?

I'm using the LCR 15s and listen in 2 channel pure/source direct, they are very transparent with great clarity and clean tight base.

I also have Diamond Audio Hex component speakers (silk tweeters) in the car which Albert Von Schweikert says uses a similar driver.

So I want the closest I can get to this, I've been looking at different threads searching different brands and have about narrowed it down to the Shure SE530, but since sound is so subjective I'm thinking if any others who are familiar with Schweikert speakers may be able to point me to the same/similar sound.

Thanks

Nov 25, 2009 at 4:34 AM Post #4 of 5
Well, I don't know about Von Schweikert Speakers, but as you describe them as "very transparent with great clarity and clean tight base" I would ditch the SE530 and go for the Ortofon e-Q7 instead. They are the cleanest sounding IEMs I've heard to date and their transparency is simply stunning.

Dec 27, 2009 at 4:49 PM Post #5 of 5
I got in on the UE Triple fi sale at Amazon & Logitech, and I must say I am very satisfied and am enjoying them tremendously.

Its quite nice to be able to not sacrifice a sound you've become accustomed to
atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back